This page has moved to a new address.

The Ear-Mouth Connection

The Watered Soul: The Ear-Mouth Connection

Feb 24, 2010

The Ear-Mouth Connection

I'm currently reading through the book of Mark. Last night as I was reading in Mark 7:31-37 about Jesus healing a deaf and mute man. I found myself inquiring why it was that Jesus first placed His finger in the man's ear before touching his mouth. He essentially addressed the man's hearing problems before addressing his speech impediment. I felt impressed in my spirit that's just the thing we must do as Christians is first attend to our hearing. The Word says that faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. If our hearing is damaged or faulty, our speech simply follows. Damaged hearing leads to damaged/diminished faith. We can't speak faith filled words if we are not hearing the Word of faith.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home