This page has moved to a new address.

Got Questions for You

The Watered Soul: Got Questions for You

Oct 30, 2010

Got Questions for You

Well I finally made it back to my blogging home. I’ve been out of town for the past few days.  As I was pondering what to write next here, I discovered I was tagged by Chelle at Chasing the Divine.  No need to rack my wandering brain any longer when I’d been provided an easy prompt to get the juices flowing again. So here’s something light for Saturday. Rules are to answer 8 questions and then make up 8 questions of my own and tag 8 of you lucky readers.

 

And now, for my Q & A from Chelle.

1.  What will you be dressing up as for Halloween?

Hmmm….I guess you can say a Sunday School teacher since tomorrow is Sunday and that’s about the only dressing up I’ll be doing.
2.  What would the title of your autobiography be?

Oh my, now I thought this was going to be easy. First thing that comes to mind is Between Sisters since I spent years being the middle girl or In Pursuit of Self.
3.  If you could acquire any one skill, what would it be?

I wish I had the gift of gab. I tell my mom I don’t know how she ended up with a child like me seeing as she never meets a stranger.
4.  You have your choice of living anywhere in the country world, where would it be?
Maybe some where on a tropical island.

5.  You have 1 million dollars you must donate to charity, which charity do you choose?
Just one?  One who’s mission was serving rural underprivileged children.

6.  What achievement are you most proud of?

Oh golly am I suppose to toot my own horn? I’d say being brave enough to leave a career I wasn’t happy with and go back to school despite  hearing all the “I can’t believe you don’t like ….” from others.
7.  What makes you laugh the hardest?

The things Madea has the audacity to say on Tyler Perry movies.
8.  What is your favorite snack food?

Chocolate chip cookies

 

And here’s where the fun begins for you, if you choose to participate. Here  are my eight questions?

  1. What is your favorite season?
  2. What phrase do you find yourself saying like your parents, although you thought you’d never be caught repeating such words?
  3. What was your first or favorite Christmas gift that you received?
  4. Which are you more likely to do: sing karaoke, bungee jump, or speak to a large crowd?
  5. When driving do you go the speed limit, just a wee bit over the limit, or make sure you just a little bit under the speed limit?
  6. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your younger self?
  7. Besides the Bible, what book has had a great impact on your life?
  8. What’s something you would include on your bucket list?

Ok, I’m asking the following people to join me in a game of tag by answering my eight questions. Hope you can come out to play but don’t worry we will still be bloggy buddies even if you’re not up to playing.

 

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe…..

Nicole at Coming Alive in Christ

Monica at Wisdom, Virtue and Rubies

Kim at Stuff Could Always Be Worst

Ellie at Ella’s Edge

Sharon at Sharon Sharing God

MTJ at My Thought-filled Journey

Dawn at Guiding Light Homeschool

Pat at My Journey Home

 

You’re all IT! If I missed you and you want to be it, consider yourself tagged my friend. Hope each of you have good night and a refreshing Sunday.

 

Labels:

16 Comments:

At October 30, 2010 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Chelle said...

WEll done! I am so with you on Madea, I completely agree!!

Thanks for playing along :)

 
At October 30, 2010 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Thanks for the tag, Wanda.

Here's my answers:

1. My favorite season? Summer, for sure. Love the sun!

2. Phrase from my parents? My dad always used to say, "Can I make a suggestion?" and then proceeded to tell me (nag me) to do something. My 20-something sons are overjoyed that this now comes out of MY mouth. (It used to be "Because I told you so.")

3. Favorite Christmas gift? Probably a miniature, Barbie-sized kitchen. The stove actually turned a miniature "turkey" - the sink had a hose that made actual water come out of the faucet - and the refrigerator had all this miniature food. Loved it - because I wanted it so bad, and I got it - even though my mom had "said" it was too expensive!

4. More likely to do? Speak to a large crowd. For some odd reason, I would actually LOVE to do this.

5. Speed limit? Truth??? I have a bit of a "lead foot" - I drive OVER the speed limit.

6. Advice to younger self? Run away from that one relationship that caused so much grief.

7. Which book had the greatest impact? Actually, it was "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis. Why? Because it made me FEEL the crucifixion for the first time in my young life. And it introduced me to my favorite writer of all time.

8. Bucket list? Go to Scotland. Both of my grandmothers were born there. Would love to visit the country of my kilted kinsmen!

Thanks, Wanda - this was fun.

Have a refreshing Sunday...and GOD BLESS!

 
At October 30, 2010 at 10:32 PM , Blogger My Mad World said...

Thanks for tagging me Wanda! I will def answer your questions but not sure who to tag! I've been tagged 3 times now and running out of people to tag! lol

I will post it on Monday! (plus that gives me some time to think up some answers! lol)

 
At October 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

What fun! Enjoyed reading your answers. Thanks for not tagging me - enough posts in the next day or two as it is! :D

 
At October 31, 2010 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Analisa said...

What is your favorite season?
My fave is Spring. The colors and the first warm day after hibernating. Love it.

What phrase do you find yourself saying like your parents, although you thought you’d never be caught repeating such words?

In my house______________. Put any thing in the blank but is is usually about what needs to be done or shouldn't be done.


What was your first or favorite Christmas gift that you received?
An answer to prayer. Last year I didn't have dime to get my son anything. Since is is just the two of us I told him write down what you would like and I will pray and God will answer. Soon after that a friend and her husband without a request from me sent me 300 dollars. I was able to get him what he wanted.



Which are you more likely to do: sing karaoke, bungee jump, or speak to a large crowd?
Karoke hands down.

When driving do you go the speed limit, just a wee bit over the limit, or make sure you just a little bit under the speed limit?
Don't drive but the short time I did, I had a lead foot.

Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your younger self?
Don't have sex until your married you will regret it. Oh and go to college.

Besides the Bible, what book has had a great impact on your life?
Crazy Love by Frances Chan and God is Awesome by Tony Evans. Each one lifted me to a new level in God. I am now reading the shake and I feel a change in my heart.

What’s something you would include on your bucket list?
Disney World I have never been and always wanted to go.

 
At October 31, 2010 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Analisa said...

Oh I said I was now reading the Shake I meant the Shack by Paul Young. Awesome book. LOL the shake thats funny.

 
At October 31, 2010 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Thanks again, for the design...and the tag! I will play the game?? Hope I can make sense...
kim

 
At October 31, 2010 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Oh, my pleasure Chelle.

Sharon, thanks for joining the fun. I have a bit of a lead foot too. One of my favorite gift was a rose petal doll house I got. My mom looked every where to ensure I that request was granted.

Oh sorry Nicole. I didn't realize you'd been it before. No worries if you don't decide to tag anyone else. It'll be our secret.

Joanne, lol....I understand. Hmmm...maybe next time, though.

Analisa, what a powerful testimony of how God answered your prayer. He's concerned about every detail of our lives. I haven't read either one of those books but I did really enjoy Kingdom Agenda by Tony Evans, which I read several years ago.

Kim, you're very welcome. Glad you liked it and I look forward to reading your answers.

 
At October 31, 2010 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Dena E's Blog said...

What a fun read Wanda....Just wanted to stop by and say HEY atcha,, "Hey" Sis,, thinking of you...
A little prayer for you~~~ As you trust in our Sweet Lord,, may He continue to shine through you covering you with His blessings too...
Hugs Dena

 
At October 31, 2010 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Wanda,
I loved your answers! Great insight,
fun to read~

I will play, probably end of week...
Project Genesis Nov lst then I have a behind award post and yours would be fun to do after! I like your questions~

Congrats on your award; Thank you for thinking of me! xXx

 
At October 31, 2010 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Petula said...

I love your answer to the first question. :-) Cool.

 
At November 1, 2010 at 3:32 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Wanda, I loved reading your answers and learning a little more about you!

I had never heard of those Madea movies, until I went to the States last year. Our lovely host hired out a few of them and we really enjoyed them!

Bless ya sister!

 
At November 1, 2010 at 3:33 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

oh!! ps!!

I know of the perfect tropical island haha! Right near me ;)

 
At November 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Great answers and questions. My favorite book besides the Bible that changed my life was...I can't choose between Far From The Madding Crowd and Jane Eyre. I started reading at a very young age and read both these books in one Summer. I think I learned that there was more to people than what was on the surface and that I should look beyond the surface always.

 
At November 1, 2010 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Dena, thank you!!

Ok Ellie, I look forward to reading your answers. Take Care.

Petula, thanks.

Amanda, Madea is quite a character. Oh I like the sound of that island. I've seen all the beautiful pictures you've shared.

Bluebutterfly, sounds like very wise lesson you learned. Kind of like you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

 
At November 1, 2010 at 5:07 PM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

Wanda, I'm with you on Madea!

I didn't know you were a Sunday School Teacher. That's awesome!

I learned a little bit more about you in this sharing. I like that!

Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home