This page has moved to a new address.

The Need

The Watered Soul: The Need

Nov 13, 2010

The Need

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.For in just a little while, the Coming One will come and not delay. Hebrews 10:36-37 (NLT)

For a couple of days now I’ve been meditating on this scripture. Just taking time to chew on it. It has actually come up a few times this week in other places like the pastor’s sermon and even a book I’m reading. Thus I think it’s something I need to take note. As I’ve mentioned in previous post here, patience is not always a word I’m eager to embrace. Then it has the audacity to sit right next door to another one of those often unwelcome words for me – endurance.

Oh how easy it is to start a new thing but to continue in spite of adversity can be the most challenging part. When the results do not turn out the way I expected, it does not take a whole lot of words from the naysayers or even my negative self-talk to convince me to throw in the towel. To simply chalk it up as I misheard God. But, like a dog hanging onto a bone, this scripture refuses to loose it’s grip on my mind.

The writer points out that patient endurance is a need now. Not a want. The very situation I long to run away from and he speaks that I need to endure it but not just any old way. But to endure in patience. Why? So that I can continue to do God’s will. Only in continuing do I position myself to receive the promise. He says in just a while expect to see manifestation.

Leaving prematurely doesn’t stop the manifestation of the coming one. Only my ability to see it when it does show up. It’s like waiting for a bus and it seems to be late. After waiting for a few moments, I leave and catch a ride with someone else. Those who had the patience to wait were able to ride. But because I lack the ability to endure the wait, I missed the bus but it didn’t impact the bus arrival.

Dear Lord, I hear you speaking and I pray that you strengthen me as I wait upon you Lord. I don’t want to forfeit your promises that you have for me. I pray for every sister and brother that are torn between waiting longer or turning away. Father give them clarity on what your will is regarding the matter. If you’re calling them to stand, I pray that you will help them to endure filled with patience as only you can provide. We choose to take your word as final authority in our lives. In Jesus name, Amen.








Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At November 13, 2010 at 2:55 AM , Blogger duopastorale said...

This verse has been SO relevant to a situation in my life this year. God has much to teach me in 'sticking with it' and trusting Him to act. My post on endurance

 
At November 13, 2010 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Cherie Hill said...

What an INCREDIBLE post sister! OH that I might be found IN HIM! I will keep my eyes on Him!
Blessings,
Cherie

 
At November 13, 2010 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Boy, did I EVER need this reminder! Not a want - a NEED! And did you change your header? BEEAAUUUUtiful!

 
At November 13, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Like your new header....Yes patience and enduring is so tough! We need to learn this..
kim

 
At November 13, 2010 at 9:00 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Another good post to brighten up this dull wet, and windy day. Thank you Wanda.

Yvonne.

 
At November 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hi Wanda for all the inspiration and support you give, there is an award on my Christmas Shopping blog.

Yvonne.

 
At November 13, 2010 at 7:32 PM , Blogger MTJ said...

Hi Wanda,

I read this post and my first thought is Wow! Thank you so much my sister.

When you say, "...how easy it is to start a new thing but to continue in spite of adversity can be the most challenging part." -- I can relate to that.

I believe that God understands my capacity in a way that I never will. More than anything, I believe He desires me to trust Him, to stay connected with Him; even when I'm faced with the most challenging adversity in my life. I'm learning to see these are opportunities to grow in patience and endurance.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

 
At November 14, 2010 at 9:40 AM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

Oh friend, I think we're twins! I knew I saw a resemblance (smile) for I thought the first paragraph was written by me (smile).

Oh boy -- patience and patient endurance!

Powerful message Wanda and as I pray for you I'm praying for myself as well.

I've been chewing on Hebrews 10 lately myself. I bet we could sit down over coffee, tea or water and share a few thoughts!!

Love and blessings!!

 
At November 14, 2010 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, dear Wanda...thank you for this post! God led me here to you today and I know why. He is calling me to patient endurance also, just as my flesh is wanting to 'catch the next bus'. This Scripture will stay with me also.

God's blessings to you!
Trudy

 
At November 14, 2010 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

I prayed the prayer you wrote. It's just what I needed to say to the Lord today. There are many distressing circumstances in my life, and the life of my family right now. It's difficult to know which way to turn. I hear the Lord, I need His strength, I must learn to endure with patience.

And give me peace...

GOD BLESS!

 
At November 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Mike that sticking with it can be the hard part for me.

Thanks, Cherie.

Joanne, "need" stood out to me in this passage of scripture as well. There are many things I want right now but here I was reminded of what I actually need.

Yvonne, thanks Yvonne ;)

MTJ, you're learning a very valuable lesson my friend.

Lol...Lisa, great minds think alike ;) I'm sure I'd glean a lot from you.

Trudy, your little one looks so handsome on your profile. While each of us might be walking through different circumstances in our lives, I believe God is trying to develop patient endurance in many of us. As you wait on Him, there is reward. And your final destination is VICTORY.

Sharon, I'm honored that you found that prayer useful my sister. He gives both the will and the ability to wait on Him.

Thanks to each of you for sharing your thoughts. Wishing a blessed week ahead.

 
At November 14, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this well written post and your beautiful prayer!!!

God Bless you!!!

Lon

 
At November 15, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it...not the patience part but the analogy of the bus. No, but seriously, I love the truth shared about patience too. It is evidence of the Holy Spirit living in us--His fruit, mature fruit.

Love your header. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for sharing. Have a gorgeous Monday.

 
At November 15, 2010 at 9:45 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

"endurance NOW". Many don't realize that as long as they don't learn to wait, they will miss the blessing that happens along the way. It is those blessings that prepare us for all that God has in store for us.

 
At November 15, 2010 at 6:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just having an opportunity to read this post. I'm glad I took the time to do so. You couldn't know that I am contemplating "giving up" on some things, but the Father knows. He always provides encouragement for us at the time we need it. Thank you for being a willing vessel.

 
At November 15, 2010 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Lon.

Lol...One Heart,oh, who loves the waiting part any way.

Monica you're right God knows how to serve up just what we need when it's needed. Hang in there girl!

Bluebutterfly yes failing to endure is forfeiting some blessings. Help me Lord!

 
At November 16, 2010 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Bernadine said...

Aww Wanda, patience and endurance... this post spoke to my heart especially your prayer at the end. Thanks for sharing.

 
At November 16, 2010 at 7:39 PM , Blogger lioneagle said...

Hi Wanda -

How true your words are!

I like your use of "stand" and "We choose to take your word as final authority in our lives." Yes, Amen!

 
At November 16, 2010 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Glory to God said...

Wanda -

I certainly can relate to some of the same challenges you mention. It is way too easy to be impatient and move on. I think sometimes I do it out of selfishness.

This is a good reminder of the patience and endurance I desperately need from the Lord. Great post! God bless!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home