This page has moved to a new address.

Never Forsaken

The Watered Soul: Never Forsaken

Feb 26, 2010

Never Forsaken



This morning  Bishop Eddie Long's song Righteous Forsaken was playing in my head. I hear the Spirit of the God saying I never forsake my people. Yet the enemy would have us to believe that we're forsaken.  Forsake is defined as to renounce or turn away from entirely; to leave without intending to return. The word forsake  is synonymous with the word abandon, which means to give up the control or influence of to another person or agent; to withdraw from often in the face of danger or encroachment; to withdraw protection, support, or help; to give oneself over unrestrained; to cease from maintaining, practicing, or use.


I imagine one would be hard pressed to find anybody who hasn't felt forsaken or abandoned by someone in life. However, God promises to never forsake or abandon us. While researching scriptures that contained the word forsake, I noticed that there were times  when God momentarily withdrew Himself from His people due to their sin but He never turned away without the intent to return. Some  times parents leave, boyfriends/girlfriends leave, siblings leave, and/or friends leave but we didn't foresee them ceasing to maintain the relationship. Isaiah 49:15 Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never. (The Message)

Scriptures for reflection:
  • Psalm 9:10 And they who know Your name [who have experience and acquaintance with Your mercy] will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek (inquire of and for) You [on the authority of God's Word and the right of their necessity]. (Amplified)
  • Psalm 37:24 I once was young, now I'm a graybeard—  not once have I seen an abandoned believer, or his kids out roaming the streets.  (The Message)
  • Ezra 9:9 For we were slaves, but in his unfailing love our God did not abandon us in our slavery. Instead, he caused the kings of Persia to treat us favorably. He revived us so we could rebuild the Temple of our God and repair its ruins. He has given us a protective wall in Judah and Jerusalem. (NLT)
  • Isaiah 54:7 I rejected you for a while, but with love and tenderness I will embrace you again.
  • Psalm 27:10 Although my father and my mother have forsaken me, yet the Lord will take me up [adopt me as His child]
Not being forsaken doesn't mean that we will not experience hard times or reap the rewards of some bad decisions but that our ultimate end is one where we are PROTECTED, SUPPORTED, HELPED and NEAR our FAITHFUL God.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home