This page has moved to a new address.

The If(s)

The Watered Soul: The If(s)

May 27, 2010

The If(s)

If, is such a small word but one that often has one looking back in regret. At other times it has us glancing fearfully toward the future wondering if I should, could or would. Ellie tagged me to participate in an "If I were" themed meme.

If I were a MONTH: I'd be January because it’s when everyone is focusing on the possibilities of what could be in the new year, while saying goodbye to the year gone by.
If I were a DAY: I'd be Saturday because it’s a day to slow down from work and spend it doing the things you love.
If I were a TIME OF DAY: I'd be the time when the sun first cracks the sky to wash away the darkness of the night.
If I were a SEASON: I'd be spring because it’s when new things are budding forth.
If I were a PLANET: I'd be Earth.
If I were a DIRECTION: I'd be pointing up towards Heaven.
If I were a TREE: I'd like to be planted by the waters.
If I were an ANIMAL: I'd be a lion bold and fierce.
If I were a: MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I'd be a flute.
If I were a FRUIT: I'd be white seedless grapes because they’re my favorite.
If I were a FOOD: I'd be chocolate loved by many and useful in many applications.
If I were a COLOR: I'd be blue coloring the sky or the ocean.
If I were a BOOK: I’d be Proverbs because it holds so much wisdom for everyday life.
If I were a SONG: I'd be a slow tune.
If I were a MOVIE: I'd probably be a rather boring one.
If I were a FLOWER: I'd be a tulip swaying in the wind.
If I were a FACIAL EXPRESSION: I'd be expressing wonder because there are so many things I ponder about in this life.

Now I'm suppose to tag someone, so if you're reading this post and you've yet to participate in it consider yourself tagged, my friend.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At May 27, 2010 at 4:10 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Loved your answers Wanda, I did this one last week, had alot of fun doing it.

Take care,
Yvonne,

 
At May 27, 2010 at 5:21 AM , Blogger Just Be Real said...

Love the "Ifs." I would be the crack of dawn also. I function better in the mornings. Blessings to you dear Wanda.

 
At May 27, 2010 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

If is definitely a word that can yield much power....
Blessings,
andrea

 
At May 27, 2010 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Enjoyed your answers....

 
At May 27, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

If I were the wind, I would have the pleasure of being called by God to bring life to dry and weary souls.

 
At May 27, 2010 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Gregg Metcalf said...

Great answers! I too, have already done this one and really enjoyed it. Blessings to you!

 
At May 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I enjoyed the way you did this tag. It showcases your beautiful writing style. I mean that sincerely.

 
At May 27, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Hey girl. I have been out of the loop for a while - what a wonderful way to rejoin the blogging world! I will post my "ifs" right now! Loved your take on it.

 
At May 27, 2010 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Vickie said...

Very interesting Wanda. Loved your ifs.


blessings
vickie

 
At May 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Early mornings - all about it - especially in the mountains or at the beach. We have neither in North Texas. Missed the tag for I'm it you may be next. Sorry - that was fun to read as well.

 
At May 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

thanks guys for stopping by.
@Linda, no problem in missing the tag.
@Lisa, thanks for the lovely compliment. I appreciate it.
@Bluebutterfly, I love your if, beautiful

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home