This page has moved to a new address.

Finding My Strength

The Watered Soul: Finding My Strength

May 15, 2010

Finding My Strength

For the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says, "Only in returning to me and waiting for me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it. Isaiah 30: 15 (NLT)

This is the passage of scripture I'm meditating on today. I also like the message translation of this passage.

God, the Master, The Holy of Israel, has this solemn counsel: "Your salvation requires you to turn back to me and stop your silly efforts to save yourselves. Your strength will come from settling down  in complete dependence on me—The very thing you've been unwilling to do. (The Message)

Do you find yourself tired of toiling while trying to hold things together or come up with some type of solution? Perhaps it's time to silence the ranting, turn back and confidently wait on Him.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At May 15, 2010 at 11:21 PM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Amen, Wanda, Amen. Hope in Him, wait on Him.

Be blessed above.

 
At May 16, 2010 at 1:14 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Wonderfully inspirational.

Yvonne.

 
At May 16, 2010 at 5:40 AM , Blogger Will Burke said...

Silence is becomming harder to acheive, but well worth the effort.

 
At May 16, 2010 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

It's so simple if we'll just obey. What are we gonna do with our hardheaded selves?!

Wonderful Wanda -- I loved this!

 
At May 16, 2010 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Will, I imagine it is with a busy baby.

Lisa, yes we're so hard headed at times. Thanks be to God that He's patient and merciful.

 
At May 17, 2010 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Just Be Real said...

Wanda, this has touched me. Thank you!

 
At May 17, 2010 at 6:24 AM , Blogger duopastorale said...

Confidently wait.. that is the challenge. Thank you Wanda.

 
At May 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Amen...this is right on the mark! Thanks for the reminder....

 
At May 17, 2010 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Together We Save said...

So beautiful!! Thanks.

 
At May 17, 2010 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Karuna said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and encouraging me. You have a good thing going on right here wow. To God be all glory!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home