This page has moved to a new address.

God of the Detours

The Watered Soul: God of the Detours

Jun 17, 2010

God of the Detours

Being a bit directionally challenged (as I like to call it), I like to take a familiar route. And on the occasions that I'm venturing off into a new city, I refuse to leave home without driving directions from Yahoo maps. Unfortunately, I don't have GPS yet so written instructions to and from is a must! Even with directions there has been times when I missed a turned, sending me into a state of utter panic. Had one such episode this past weekend. Although I've learned to be a bit more relaxed when I've suddenly found myself off the intended route, it still causes me to grip the steering wheel tightly with apprehension. All the while looking for something that looks just a wee bit familiar. Last week one of my dear cousins shared an experience she had while driving in a note entitled, God of the Detours, that spoke to the part of me that longs to cling to the familiar way. With her permission, I'm sharing it with you today.
I think I had an" AH HA" Prophetic Moment while driving en route to the radio station. Every Wednesday I go to the radio station to record a broadcast and I always go one particular way. It's a longer route, however I don't mind the extra minutes driving because it gives me a chance to relax, reflect and regain me in those moments of solitude.

This morning with music blaring and me singing to the top of my lungs, "There's Nobody Like You Lord". I 'm driving my way when suddenly I found myself in the midst of orange cones, workmen, machinery, detour signs and construction. My way was blocked, it was being reconstructed! Needless to say I was very displeased but in the midst of my ughs and omg's, I had to make a decision to either stay barricaded in a lock down position, that would keep me at a standstill and miss the recording or I could venture on the detour roads and see where they led.

Anyone that knows me knows that when it comes to driving I'm a one way kinda girl, so with apprehension in my throat I followed the one detour sign and immediately felt out of place on this unfamiliar road in this unfamiliar neighborhood and it was in that moment that I heard the Spirit of God say:

This is symbolic of you and so many of many children when it comes to your relationship with Me. I have so many blessings that I want to give to you but you keep looking and expecting me to be a ONE WAY KIND OF GOD, BECAUSE I BLESSED YOU THAT WAY LAST WEEK YOU LOOK FOR IT TO COME AGAIN THAT WAY AND WHEN YOU DO,YOU MISS THE DETOUR SIGNS AND IT KEEPS ME BLOCKED, BARRICADED AND LOCKED FROM RELEASING THE BLESSING. BECAUSE YOU STILL TRAVELING ON A ROAD THAT'S UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND I'M NO LONGER ON IT! EVERY DETOUR IS NOT OF THE DEVIL MY CHILD THERE ARE SOME DETOURS THAT I HAVE PURPOSELY DESIGNED TO BLESS YOU ON YOUR WAY AND IF YOU'LL JUST TRUST ME ON THE DETOURS YOU WILL ARRIVE AT YOUR DESTINATION BLESSED.

Can I tell you that not only did I arrive at the radio station, my destination, but I arrived: SAFELY, ON TIME, and BLESSED.
Whatever DETOUR you're on right now, don't despise it, IT just may be your ROAD OF BLESSING!
Author: Christie Williams

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At June 17, 2010 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Ella said...

Thanks for sharing; this provides comfort. We all have detours in life; it is a great way to refocus and see it as sign to slow down and
persist onward!
I had this kind of thing happen, last week, driving to Yorktown. We have a GPS, fell off and I'm slowing down. Meanwhile, the car behind me is flashing me warning lights. He wanted to pass, but someone had sped up in the other lane. Then he floors it and goes around me, next thing I know so does another car, with a woman, age around 80. Huh?! I was stunned...no one was going the speed limit; crazy! You are not alone in the direction, road blocked world~ :-D

 
At June 17, 2010 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Missie said...

Road of blessing! I love that!

 
At June 17, 2010 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Karen said...

I loved this analogy! Written directions and a GPS can sometimes give the wrong information...and we become lost...much like our spiritual life...we can only stay on track if we follow the infallible Word of God....

 
At June 17, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Lorena G. Sims said...

That is so wonderful and so encouraging..God of the Detours. Thank you for sharing that and give my thanks to your cousin too.

 
At June 17, 2010 at 2:16 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Yes I too join in and thank you for sharing, also it is very comforting when there are changes taking place and one is trying to reason it out.

Take care.
Yvonne,

 
At June 17, 2010 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Shelby and Bev said...

amazingly symbolic and applicable to many of us...i take it to heart very much right now in my life...thank you for this insight!!

 
At June 18, 2010 at 12:41 AM , Blogger BARBIE said...

That was a wonderful Word. Thank you for sharing. So true about much of my life. I need to stop looking at my detours as obstacles and start looking at them as opportunities.

 
At June 18, 2010 at 2:08 PM , Blogger duopastorale said...

So relevant to me at the moment as I am trying to work on listening to the Holy Spirit. Sometimes He says some surprising things... often encouraging me to break out of my spiritual routine. It's hard to trust that voice and obey but He is always right!

 
At June 18, 2010 at 11:49 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

...this gives me pause to wonder! great post sis!:)

 
At June 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful message your cousin received from the Lord, she was truly blessed. I get nervous when I lose my way too!

Thank you for sharing such a powerful message Wanda!

God bless you!
Trudy

 
At June 29, 2010 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Yolanda said...

Great post and beautiful blog! Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home