This page has moved to a new address.

Discarded Things

The Watered Soul: Discarded Things

Jun 8, 2010

Discarded Things

As I walked this morning, my mind began to reflect on my walking companion-my sweet dog Bella. Just a couple of years ago, she found herself among discarded cats and dogs at a local humane society. It’s uncertain how she found herself there. Perhaps at one time, she had loving owners, who through no fault of their own could no longer provide for her. So they thought it best to send her away. Or maybe, she was a prize possession that simply got lost and couldn’t find her way back home. For whatever reasons, she was among the lost or discarded.

Yet today, she smells all fresh from her bath last night. She’s fed and has toys, comfy bed, ribbons and even a few clothes. She has everything that she needs and my sister jokingly says Bella is living better than she ever lived in life. If that’s true or not I don’t know but as I thought about her, I thought about how we sometimes find ourselves discarded by others. Whether it is through divorces, broken friendships, or job terminations, someone somewhere decided you were no longer useful. The scenarios are different but the outcome or feelings are the same-discarded like a napkin or once beloved toy.

But just as Bella found a new place to belong, God does the same thing for us. Although others couldn’t perceive our value, He will connect us with others, who will embrace that which was discarded. And we’ll find our latter end more enjoyable than what we experienced in the past.

Lord, I thank you that even when others throw us way, you never leave us. We thank you for connections with others, who’ll embrace and cherish that in which you’ve placed in us. Forgive us for how we failed to see the value in others and we pray that you will connect them to individuals who will nurture them. In Jesus name.


Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At June 8, 2010 at 12:03 AM , Blogger Ruth said...

Amen to the beautiful prayer! what an encouraging post... Thank You!!

 
At June 8, 2010 at 1:24 AM , Blogger Suz. said...

Wanda, thank you for visiting. God's grace to you. ~Suz.

 
At June 8, 2010 at 1:34 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful up lifting post.

Have a good day.
Yvonne,

 
At June 8, 2010 at 5:07 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Amen! Regardless of the value or non-value placed on us by others...we are His beloved...and that's all that matters!

 
At June 8, 2010 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement, and support.
Blessings,
andrea

 
At June 8, 2010 at 9:03 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Hallelujah! One of my fave passages in the Bible says to pick up the fragments that remain so that nothing is lost.

Our Savior is absolutely awesome!!!

 
At June 8, 2010 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda, you don't know how much this blesses me today. The timing is perfect as yesterday I found myself in painful tears from this very same feeling at a home school group. I began with so much joy little over a month and poured out love and joy to others, but the leadership is harsh, cold, unreceptive of God's goodness and has basically worn me out. I felt very discarded but then God showed me how He had placed me there for the others who were receiving His goodness. To some we are a sweet fragrance--those who are being saved. So I must go on.

Would you mind if I shared this post with a group of ladies? I think it will bless them.

Thanks for stopping by yesterday. Blessings my sister.

 
At June 8, 2010 at 10:46 AM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

Amen and Amen Wanda!

As a child of GOD, a HUGE dog lover (owner of two), and someone who knows what it is to be discarded by people -- I can FULLY relate to this message.

What I love is this: "But just as Bella found a new place to belong, God does the same thing for us. Although others couldn’t perceive our value, He will connect us with others, who will embrace that which was discarded. And we’ll find our latter end more enjoyable than what we experienced in the past."

That says it all for me! So thankful to the LORD!

Blessings to you!

 
At June 8, 2010 at 3:33 PM , Anonymous Monica Watkins said...

Beautiful post. Beautiful prayer. I've been on both sides of this scenario. I have been discarded, and I'm quite sure I have, for whatever reason, discarded others. I'm so thankful that the Lord has protects us all.

Monica

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home