This page has moved to a new address.

Even When I Don’t Do Right

The Watered Soul: Even When I Don’t Do Right

Aug 16, 2010

Even When I Don’t Do Right

Only you Lord no my innermost being. It’s you that knows my uprising and my down setting. You know the true motives of my heart. Nothing I do is concealed from you. Sometimes, it’s my desire to do the right thing but choose to do the wrong thing instead. And, others time I stubbornly insist on doing things my own way. Even then you don’t choose to cast me away. I’m so thankful that you don’t abandon me or consider me as utterly hopeless. But, you keep on showing up with your love, your compassion, your kindness your forgiveness.

Just as you did for the Israelites, you’ve been doing for me. Not just when you wooed me to follow you but from my mother’s womb, I received your provision, your protection, your instruction. Although I didn’t always recognize it was you, who was sustaining me. It was you that kept redeeming from the hands of my enemies. I say THANK YOU Lord!

May others come to know you. For you are a God of forgiveness, gracious, and merciful, slow to become angry, and rich in unfailing love. May we your body honestly proclaim that we don’t always do it right and it’s only because of your great mercy that we are not consumed. May those who have yet to accept you as Lord and Savior come to see that despite what they’ve done wrong, are doing wrong, or will do wrong that you’ve already been lavishing them with your love. And that you stand ready to forgive. In Jesus name, Amen.

17 They refused to obey and did not remember the miracles you had done for them. Instead, they became stubborn and appointed a leader to take them back to their slavery in Egypt! But you are a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry, and rich in unfailing love. You did not abandon them, 18 even when they made an idol shaped like a calf and said, ‘This is your god who brought you out of Egypt!’ They committed terrible blasphemies.
19 “But in your great mercy you did not abandon them to die in the wilderness. The pillar of cloud still led them forward by day, and the pillar of fire showed them the way through the night. 20 You sent your good Spirit to instruct them, and you did not stop giving them manna from heaven or water for their thirst. 21 For forty years you sustained them in the wilderness, and they lacked nothing. Their clothes did not wear out, and their feet did not swell! Nehemiah 9:17-21 (NLT)

SweetPs375x375 by Tea with Tiffany I linking up Sweet P’s hosted by Tea with Tiffany.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At August 16, 2010 at 8:26 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Yes Lord! Yes Lord! Yes Lord!

 
At August 16, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful truth in your post. Even when we don't feel worth of His love, we are. I remember believing that I must not be a "good Christian" or "really believe in God" because I was not "a good girl". There are so many who have those same thoughts out there in our world & I can only hope that somehow, some way, they are reached. =)

 
At August 16, 2010 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful and encouraging post! This sentence really spoke to my heart, "I’m so thankful that you don’t abandon me or consider me as utterly hopeless."

 
At August 16, 2010 at 5:03 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A wonderful post which gives one encouragemnet. Thank you Wanda.
Yvonne.

 
At August 16, 2010 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

If only every child in the world had a parent who cared as much as our Father in heaven.

Lee
Tossing It Out

 
At August 16, 2010 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

This was similar to the sermon at church yesterday. I'm so glad that NOTHING can ever separate us from His unfailing love.

Be blessed Sister!

 
At August 16, 2010 at 10:08 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 16, 2010 at 10:09 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

oops! great post wanda!:)

 
At August 17, 2010 at 12:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes when we fail, it is hard to accept that his grace is sufficient for us. A most amazing gift of grace he offers us! Peace to you!

 
At August 17, 2010 at 3:49 AM , Blogger Just Be Real said...

Great post Wanda. I am just now learning to accept His forgiveness and believing it in my heart. Blessings to you dear one.

 
At August 17, 2010 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Mrs. Gertha said...

Wanda,

Thank you for stopping by my blog and I am glad you like the title. It's true, I do feel as if he has forgotten my name at times:-)! I enjoy reading your blog. I'm signed up. Have a fruitful day!!!

 
At August 17, 2010 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Wanda, I love your heart. Amen. I too feel like I don't do right because of stubbornness.

I love this line "But, you keep on showing up with your love, your compassion, your kindness your forgiveness."

That's our great God. He is so much more than we can imagine. Thank you, Jesus.

And thank you, Wanda, for jumping in with a personal and powerful prayer and adding the verse that lines up with your prayers.

God bless you. I hope you will join me again this weekend, starting Friday.

I've been behind this weekend because of my daughter's 13th party and back to school shopping. Should be better this weekend. Can't believe summer is almost over.

Have a glorious week in HIM. You're covered with love and grace.

tiff

 
At August 17, 2010 at 8:55 PM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

absolutely beautiful...

thank you for sharing with us.

 
At August 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Amen! So true....

 
At August 17, 2010 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

To Him be the glory! We're all so unworthy of what He does for us. It's my hope that those already of the household of faith would not be a hindrance to the other sheep who are not yet part of the fold by being self-righteous.

Glad each of your stopped by and WELCOME to you Ms Gertha :0) Hope to get around to visiting your blog homes really soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home