This page has moved to a new address.

Is It Time For a Makeover?

The Watered Soul: Is It Time For a Makeover?

Aug 7, 2010

Is It Time For a Makeover?

I’m not sure if it’s just a girl thing or what but every now and then I get the urge for something different.  A few weeks ago I had the bright idea to rearrange my living room. However, it seems that my new couch and love seat are little heavier than my old one. So, I decided it best not to try dragging it alone. But, I was not to be deterred from getting a new look in the living room. So what’s a girl to do without an extra set of hands? Well, I decided to rearrange some of my accessories like pictures, floral arrangements, small tables, etc. And, the simple rearrangement of old items made the space feel new again.

As I careen the blogosphere, I get the hankering to redo my own blog. Well, I don’t always have the extra set of hands or expertise to do a full redesign on my own. Or the desire to splurge on getting my own professionally designed custom blog because I sort like tinkering with HTML code. So what’s a blogger to do? Find a virtual set of extra hands. There are tons of sites that offer free tips and tutorials on enhancing your blog. Using some of these virtual hands, I’ve been able to display my replies to your comments in a different color, change my blog header image, change my rss feed to feedburner and add subscription by email. And, those are just a few of things I’ve learned since blogging. 

Are you still stuck using the original blogger templates? Good news! You don’t have to be. Several sites offer unique templates to give your blog a fresh new look. I decided to share of few of the sites that I’ve found helpful.

Blogger templates or backgrounds

For tips and tutorials stop by these virtual hands:

Next time you get the urge for a lil something different on your blog, these are definitely some tools you can use and they are great for newbie bloggers like me. Hope you have a fantastic weekend and don’t forget today is your last day to sign up for the fabulous giveaway by CSN stores here.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At August 7, 2010 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Fun - I'm kinda working on a blog redesign in the background (VERY in the background cuz of the zillion things i HAVE TO do it the foreground!). Thanks for these :D

 
At August 7, 2010 at 2:35 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I changed mine a few months ago then was told it would be deleted in July, I have since got it back but feel like doing another one during the winter.

Have fun having a makeover.

Yvonne.

 
At August 7, 2010 at 8:08 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

hi Wanda,

i just did a total makeover in 3 blogs. it was/is fun and the blogs are still getting tweaked:) one blog is a total makeover with out visible followers(pictures) although i can read a number on my dashboard. just don't know the names....and no comments. it's just an all out writing blog. no bells and no whistles:) i love it already!!!

 
At August 7, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Thanks for the links! I like to change it up, too! It looks great, by the way~ I hope you are happy with your living room. I find if I decorate in similar color palette, I can rotate items from room to room to give it a new look. Pillows, candles, and plants can also change it up quick!

 
At August 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

btw sis, thank you for the links too! bookmarked one and am looking at the gadgets/gizmo's:)

 
At August 8, 2010 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for the great links. Some I'm familiar with, some I'm not. I seem to have less time online these days, but it's nice to have the links for one day down the road. I hope you're doing well.
Continuing to keep you in my prayers.

(((Hugs)))

 
At August 8, 2010 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Glad you guys found some of them useful. I know you veteran bloggers probably were already familiar with some of those. Bud, I noticed your redesign the other day. It looks nice.
@Ellie, yes I'm enjoying the subtle changes I made in the living room. I like your idea of decorating in the same color palette. Wish I had thought of that when I first moved into my place.
@Lisa, I understand dear. You've added some extra to your plate. I'm doing well and appreciate your prayers very much my friend.
@Yvonne, I have a test blog I play around on before making any changes to the site but luckily I haven't been told it was going to be deleted. Always appreciate you stopping by.

 
At August 9, 2010 at 8:54 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Such a good idea, Wanda.

 
At August 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Hope you find some of the links helpful, Bluebutterfly. Glad you stop by.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home