This page has moved to a new address.

A Heart Full of Sweet P’s

The Watered Soul: A Heart Full of Sweet P’s

Aug 21, 2010

A Heart Full of Sweet P’s

SweetPs375x375 by Tea with Tiffany

As I join in with Tea with Tiffany for Sweet P’s and the others who come to bring you our p’s, I pause to say thank you Lord. Thanks not just for what you’ve done but for who you are. The more I come to know of you, the more I long to know. I’m not satisfied with old clichés or second-hand testimonies. I’ve got to know you for myself. I long to see you in fresh new ways. Break every box and shatter every illusion that limits by ability to see you. Destroy every bondage and chain that keeps me bound to old ways of thinking, believing, and being. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in me. Don’t let me walk in deception and keep me from all evil.

Father, I thank you for the unexpected P(s ) you’ve brought into my life. I never knew that when I started jotting down my thoughts in this blog a few short months ago, that my path would cross so many people. I thank you for how you’ve used them to sharpen me, shape me, shake-me up, strengthen me, and enlighten me. Just as they’ve been like refreshing water to me, send people along their paths that will speak a word in season to them.

I don’t know their struggles, trials, or concerns but you do Lord. And, I come looking to you and asking that you’d strengthen them where they’re weak.  That you’d be their compass, Lord as they walk along the paths of their lives. May you send abundant water to quench their thirst and moisten their parched fields. I thank you for raining on parched relationships, careers, ministries, and homes. Thank you for reviving, replenishing, and reconnecting.

Thank you for the prodigal sons and daughters that you’re sending home now, God! We thank you for turning hearts. Thank you that even as they walk out their madness, Lord, you’re right alongside watching and protecting them. If they make their bed in hell you’re there and if they ascend to highest mountain, you’re their also. Even when we can’t find them physically, they are never unreachable to you.  If your love and kindness drew us up and out, we know you can do the same for them. We choose to rest in the fact that you are Lord and their future is safe in your hands. I love you so much Lord and I give your name the praise. In Jesus name, Amen.

Do you have any Sweet P’s {prayers, petition, or praise} to share? Feel free to leave them in the comments (you may send them to me privately by clicking on the contact me page) or write your own post and link up. Wising you a blessed weekend.





Sweet P's is a weekly meme hosted by Tea with Tiffany from Friday to Sunday.


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At August 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Beautiful prayer, Wanda...joining with you...

I especially liked this line...

"Even when we can’t find them physically, they are never unreachable to you."...praise the Lord!

 
At August 21, 2010 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Will Burke said...

I am thankful for a mind that's too intricate to fully understand, and dexterous enough to seek understanding.

 
At August 21, 2010 at 9:43 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A wonderful prayer Wanda,

Have a good week-end.
Yvonne.

 
At August 21, 2010 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Like I told Karen, I could pray with her every day. I feel that way about you too and so many other pray-ers online. I loved your prayer and agree with you for each and every area. Powerful prayer with the word filled throughout..Loved the prodigal part because I was once one of them and praise God for his rescue.

Thank you, Wanda. I'm so glad I've found a new friend in you.

Have a great weekend.

 
At August 21, 2010 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Lily said...

joining you in prayer :)and now following your blog!
~Lily
www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

 
At August 21, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Peggy said...

AMEN! and love your heart, Wanda.

I love your beautiful prayer and join you. I especially like this:

"I thank you for how you’ve used them to sharpen me, shape me, shake-me up, strengthen me, and enlighten me. Just as they’ve been like refreshing water to me, send people along their paths that will speak a word in season to them."

Praise God! His love is unfailing!
His ways far above ours!
His Living Water ever so refreshing

Thank you for praying for the prodigals!

God bless you mightily this weekend
and always shine on you and through you.

 
At August 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks for sending up prayers. @Will, the gift of a sound mind is truly something to be grateful.

 
At August 22, 2010 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Wanda,

I was just "blog-exploring" tonight, and I came upon your blog. What a blessing! Especially when I saw your face, and realized that you had left me a comment on my Granola Bar Devotional!! So...it seems our meeting was "no accident!"

I especially liked this part of your prayer - and may I join you in saying, "Lord, strengthen me where I am weak. Be my compass, as I walk along the path of my life. Send me abundant water to quench my thirst."

I am pleased to follow you, Wanda - and I love the way you sign out - THIRSTY FOR HIM...me, too!

BLESSINGS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home