This page has moved to a new address.

Up for a Challenge?

The Watered Soul: Up for a Challenge?

Mar 15, 2011

Up for a Challenge?


Life throws us a bunch of challenges. Most times we don’t have the option of choosing which ones we will gladly accept and the ones we had rather pass. But every now then, you do get a choice. This April Arlee Bird is giving  bloggers around the world the opportunity to build a little blogging muscles with the return of the A to Z Challenge.

Participants are challenged to write a blog post, relating to the letter of the day, everyday except for Sunday during the month of April. I know, I know you are already juggling a bunch of to do(s) so why would any sane person take on such a feat? As a newbie blogger last year, I chose to join the first A to Z Challenge. Now I had no clue as to what I was really getting into but it proved worth my while. Here’s a few of the benefits I received.

Good community support. I met such a welcoming community of bloggers through the challenge and several of them I continue to maintain virtual friendships. 

Wider blog reach. When I started writing down my thoughts in a blog, I couldn’t begin to imagine that others would find value in my writing. Through the blog challenge my blog readership moved beyond the support of my sister to many around the world. I’m still in awe every time I read a comment from someone who has read my thoughts.

Focused regularity. Although a letter theme can leave things pretty wide open, it helped to give me focus and to get in the habit of writing on a regular basis. As you can see from the looks of things around here,  I have kind of gotten out of the habit of writing regularly.

And the best part is you don’t have to change your blog’s ultimate focus. All types of bloggers participate from poets, authors, cooks to those with a spiritual theme.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 15, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Very good write up about the fun challenge as I call it.

Good luck with yours this year.
Yvonne.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

I'm smiling as I read on "challenges". It is amazing how the most difficult things end up broading our sphere of influence and teaching us things we would not otherwise know.

 
At March 15, 2011 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

You said it well. Thank you. I will link to this in my next Thank You post on Friday.

Lee
Tossing It Out

 
At March 20, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about taking the challenge! :-) We'll see what happens.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home