This page has moved to a new address.

Value in the Valley

The Watered Soul: Value in the Valley

Apr 26, 2011

Value in the Valley

geograph-131848-by-Keith-Havercroft
© Copyright Keith Havercroft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons License

Several years ago I read a book by Iyanla Vanzant entitled The Value in the Valley. Couldn’t put my hands on the book today but as I thought about today’s letter V valley was one of the words that stuck out in my mind.

We all have had experiences of walking along various valleys in our life. Some times our stay in the valley extends much longer than we would naturally volunteer to abide. But even the low, depressed places of life have significant value. However, I am not always able to see that at first glance but when I change my view and remember that I am always in God’s omniscient view.

Some of the most profound, life-changing revelations I received have been in the midst of the dark valley. It was in the valley that I caught new glimpses of God.

Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. Psalms 23:4 NLT

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At April 26, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

I have to agree, Wanda. Valleys are not fun. But I have also caught some of the sweetest glimpses of God in the midst of walking through them. I think that the Light shines brightest when the darkness is deep.

Hope you had a wonderful Easter, and thank you for sharing this very encouraging post.

GOD BLESS!

 
At April 26, 2011 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Missie said...

So agreed!

 
At April 26, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I'm caught in a valley at present, and am trying to get my head around it.
Loved your post.
Yvonne.

 
At April 26, 2011 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

We grow more in the valley - and get closer to God - than at any other time. Thanks for the reminder, Wanda.

 
At April 26, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Yes we do not want to stay in the Valley. We are not alone there!

 
At April 26, 2011 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have been reading psalms.. all this.. week what an appropriate post.

 
At April 27, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Pam Williams said...

Good stuff here, Wanda! Very meaty spiritually! Thanks for posting!

 
At April 27, 2011 at 7:50 AM , Blogger lioneagle said...

Hi Wanda -

This piece is quite helpful as a reminder of our Lord's keeping power through it all.

And the scripture that you used
is perfect for this post.

Thank you, dear lady of GOD.

 
At April 27, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

What lovely insights about the valleys of life. I love the 23rd psalm!

Thanks for stopping by my blog in A to Z.

Monti
NotesAlongTheWay

 
At April 27, 2011 at 8:48 PM , Anonymous Elizabeth West said...

Thanks, Wanda, I needed that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home