This page has moved to a new address.

P is for Proverbs

The Watered Soul: P is for Proverbs

Apr 19, 2011

P is for Proverbs

Can’t believe its taken me this long to come up with a plausible p-letter word for my post. Especially when the book of Proverbs is by far one of my favorite books in the Bible.  I like it because it provides so many practical truths for our daily lives.

Chapter 1 of Proverbs outlines the purpose in which they were written, the Message describes it as

Written down so we'll know how to live well and right, to understand what life means and where it's going;  A manual for living, for learning what's right and just and fair;  To teach the inexperienced the ropes and give our young people a grasp on reality.  There's something here also for seasoned men and women,  still a thing or two for the experienced to learn - Fresh wisdom to probe and penetrate, the rhymes and reasons of wise men and women. Start with God

No matter our age there are some nuggets of truth to be pocketed from Proverbs.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At April 19, 2011 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The Word of God is full of wisdom for every area of life, isn't it? So much wisdom in the book of Proverbs. I like how the Message puts it.

 
At April 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

hi Wanda:)

i love the wisdom in Proverbs as well. but!...i prefer reading chapters as a whole or the Psalms.

this procrastinator still has another nine hours to complete his P post.

 
At April 19, 2011 at 4:30 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

An excellent choice for the letter P, written so well.
Yvonne.

 
At April 19, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Pam Williams said...

The book of Proverbs is so timeless in its wisdom. The older I get the more life confirms the truths found there. Thanks for the reminder.

 
At April 19, 2011 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Karen said...

We need WISDOM! Amen.

 
At April 20, 2011 at 1:53 AM , Blogger BARBIE said...

I love the book of Proverbs! I am so far behind on this challenge I gave up. Darn it anyways!

 
At April 20, 2011 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Belbin9 said...

Just started reading the Bible but Proverbs really is great, so much wisdom

 
At April 20, 2011 at 7:34 AM , Blogger S.A. Larsenッ said...

Very beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. I just hopped over from the A-Z challenge. It's wonderful to meet you. Following through GFC. :)

 
At April 20, 2011 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Wanda said...

Absolutely Lisa it's filled with goodness. We need only read it and apply it to our lives.
Sojourner, procrastination is an excellent p-word for a post. I have become a procrastinator myself.
Yvonne thanks!
Pam ditto for me.
Karen only a wise person would know that we need His wisdom.
Barbie don't give up. Just pick up with the current letter. I have been tempting to give in myself. It's rather hard going up with a thoughtful post daily.
Belbin9 congrats to you on taking a dive into the Word. I pray that your appetite for His Word would increase the more.
Salarsen nice to meet a fellow challenger. I look forward to getting to know you.

 
At April 20, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Maria Papadopoulou said...

A proverb a day...keeps the doctor away.LOL1

 
At April 20, 2011 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Maria Papadopoulou said...

Oh, procrastination...that dear old friend who always knocks on our door.LOL. We just have to find a way to let him know he is not welcomed.

 
At April 20, 2011 at 1:42 PM , Blogger nutschell said...

proverbs would have to be my favorite part in the bible-right alongside songs and the new testament.
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

 
At April 21, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

Amen Wanda!

I am very blessed still and always will be; by the book of Proverbs and the entire Bible. We will never arrive until we get to glory so until then, I need the Word of God constantly in order to live this Christian journey in a God-honoring way so I agree with you!

Book of Proverbs holds great wisdom for all of us no matter what stage in our Christian lives.

Blessings and love to you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home