This page has moved to a new address.

He Makes it Possible

The Watered Soul: He Makes it Possible

May 25, 2011

He Makes it Possible

Give me an eagerness for your laws rather than a love for money!

Turn my eyes from worthless things and give me life through your word. 

Help me abandon my shameful ways; for your regulations are good.

Psalms 119: 36-37, 39 (NLT)

Do you ever have those times that you  want to do better but it seems your actions just don’t line up with your heart’s desire? Reading this passage, reminded me that I can take my shortcomings to God. For it is Him that gives the desire and the ability to do His will.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At May 26, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Amen. SO glad He is there for us. Thanks for this wonderful reminder, Wanda!

 
At May 26, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Missie said...

So am there...a lot actually. thank you for your honesty and sharing this verse.

 
At May 26, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Wanda, for covering a verse from Psalm 119 today. I study through Psalm 119 at least twice each year and it never fails to accomplish a work in me.

Thank you, also, for commenting on my blog. For some reason I am unable to make a comment on my own blog.

Blessings to you, I plan to recruit you into Starbucks land soon.

 
At May 26, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Amen, this is a great lesson. We all have shortcomings but He can handle it.

 
At May 27, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Beth in NC said...

He is a good and loving Father!

Thank you for the reminder Wanda.

Bless you!
Beth

 
At May 27, 2011 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Dawn M. Hamsher said...

Yeah, I'm feeling it right now. Mine is my selfish nature and wanting to do what I want, rather than seeking what He wants.

Thanks for posting this. Blessings!

The Write Soil

 
At May 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

I totally get this one. And yes, it's hard when my actions don't line up with my desires. It's even harder when I not only want to DO better, I want to BE better. But, for both things, God is the answer.

Philippians 2:13 (NLT): "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him."

GOD BLESS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home