This page has moved to a new address.

Three Things

The Watered Soul: Three Things

Sep 26, 2011

Three Things

I received the following message from a friend today. Thus I’m sharing it with each of you (my bloggy friends).

3 things in life that never come back when gone

1. TIME
2. WORDS
3. OPPORTUNITY

3 things in life that should never be lost:

1. PEACE
2.HOPE
3.HONESTY

3 things in life that are most valuable:

1. PRAYER
2 LOVE
3. FAITH

3 things in life that make a person:

1. HARD WORK
2. SINCERITY
3.COMMITMENT

3 things in life that can destroy a person:

1. LUST
2. PRIDE
3. ANGER

3 things in life that are constant:

1. GOD
2. CHANGE
3. DEATH

Reading this email reminded me of 1 Corinthians 13:13. May our lives be built upon that which is eternal.

Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love. I Corinthians 13:13 NLT

But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love. I Corinthians 13:13(The Message)

three remain

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At September 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Susie Swanson said...

And I love those three things. Thank you for the reminder and the wonderful post. Hope you have a blessed day..Susie

 
At September 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Just beautiful, Wanda. Thanks so much for sharing it.

 
At September 26, 2011 at 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda - wow, so simple but so true. Great post
God bless
Tracy

 
At September 26, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Pam Williams said...

I love Peterson's translation of 1 Corinthians 13:13! I never read that verse in that version before. So beautiful, Wanda. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings!
Pam at www.2encourage.blogspot.com

 
At September 26, 2011 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Thanks for sharing these 3 things!

 
At September 27, 2011 at 3:44 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Thanks for reminding us of the important words in life,

Yvonne.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Angela said...

These lists are fabulous. I especially like how you narrowed down destroying factors to three: Lust, Pride, Anger.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 8:47 AM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

Simplistic and POWERFUL! Amen! Thanks for sharing with us! I would add to the things that can destroy...FEAR when not managed by the Holy Spirit. I lived it so I know first hand.

Hey, I shared your "writing style" post on my blog this morning. A little late :) but wanted to share it!

Blessings and love sis!

 
At September 27, 2011 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Beautifully simple, and simply beautiful.

Yes, and isn't it interesting that the three things that are most valuable come from the heart of God...

He alone is the unchanging Three-In-One. The same yesterday, today, and forever.

GOD BLESS!

 
At September 28, 2011 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Jackeline Salva Cagas-Paraiso said...

hello wanda!
I am back! I miss to read your recent post. I received the same message from a friend too and all of it are absolutely true or shall I say ALMOST (to be safe:)...
How's life going on? I am now 5 months pregnant! :)
Hope to read more from you soon...
Please visit my other blogs too:
http://www.bloggersnook.info
http://www.femalescentsation.info
and please leave your mark there :)
Thank you..
God bless

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home