This page has moved to a new address.

In Expectation

The Watered Soul: In Expectation

Aug 24, 2011

In Expectation

Yet my friends laugh at me, for I call on God and expect an answer. Job 12:4a (NLT)
Notice the two verbs in the last section of the passage. One of the definition of call is to make a request or demand, which sounds like prayer to me.PICT3177 For many of us calling on God has become a part of daily lives even if it’s not for extended periods of prayer time, we find ourselves sending up quick Lord help me prayers.
But what is it that you expect from your calling? Do you really anticipate that He will answer? Or have you grown accustomed to calling on Him about the same condition so long that your level of expectation of change has diminished?
As I examined myself in light of this scripture, that wouldn’t let be just cruise on by in my reading, I had to admit that there are some places in my life that my expectation of His answer showing up had dwindled.
Oh Lord forgive me for not fully placing my confidence in you. Thank you for loving me enough that you would bring light to this area of my life. I pray for my brothers and sisters who are also experiencing diminished expectations in areas of their lives. I pray that their faith would be stirred a new. In Jesus name, Amen. 

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At August 24, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Well, Wanda, I too must admit that there are some things that I have simply given up all expectation of. Yet, your words brought back to me one of my favorite verses:

"Don't be afraid. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. - Daniel 10:12

 
At August 24, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda - I love this post but I also really love how you said, "I examined myself in light of this scripture". That is what we should be doing.
Great post
God bless
Tracy

 
At August 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Pam Williams said...

This seems to be a recurring theme that God is reminding me of the last few weeks. Thank you for confronting us with Scripture, Wanda. With it you bring hope for what seems impossible.
Blessings!
Pam at www.2encourage.blogspot.com

 
At August 24, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Susie Swanson said...

I love this Wanda. I agree we all should examine ourselves more often. Thank you for your uplifting post..Susie

 
At August 25, 2011 at 7:00 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Good convicting message, Wanda. I have a few things that truthfully I don't even pray much about anymore. Isn't that awful to admit that??

Thank for giving me the encouragement to renew my hope, and to learn once again that I must pray without ceasing over these seemingly impossible things.

All things are "HIM-possible" with the Lord!

GOD BLESS!

 
At August 25, 2011 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

So needed that reminder. We have to EXPECT His answer, or we are not praying in faith. Thanks, Wanda.

 
At August 25, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

Could it be that God has taken care of those areas in our lives and caused us to move forward? I often wonder about this. What seemed in need of repair and refurbishment last year, just seems to drop away, in importance. Thank you, for this post, as I am going to go back through my journals and think about what has changed in me and my faith. Is there an area that I have given-up hope of repair or does it no longer need repair? Many blessings!

P.S. I'm so glad you liked your bookmarks. If you need more, let me know. Blessings!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 3:53 AM , Blogger Alida Sharp said...

Thank you for sharing this...it really speaks to me today. I have almost given up on a few situations we are facing.

 
At August 27, 2011 at 6:39 AM , Blogger Just Be Real said...

deep provoking words here Wanda. Examining our own heart is where it begins. Blessings.

 
At August 27, 2011 at 9:54 AM , Blogger lioneagle said...

Hi Wanda -

A new fruitful journey is ahead for you. Prepare for the fresh revelations. Our Lord will quicken you and give power to your faintness. Cleave to Him and KNOW that bountiful avenues will be in your "travel" plans. Have no fear, JESUS abides in you as you abide in Him.

Satan hinders but He cannot cancel GOD'S plans...

 
At August 29, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger duopastorale said...

Yes, really tough for those long term struggles. But God loves faith right? May I have the perseverance to keep knocking and asking!

 
At September 7, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love this! I do not want to call on God only when things are tough....want to call on Him for daily fellowship.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home