This page has moved to a new address.

Because Just One is Never Enough

The Watered Soul: Because Just One is Never Enough

Nov 9, 2011

Because Just One is Never Enough

cookies_uHave you ever just ate one M&M or one potato chip? I can’t think of one single time that’s occurred for me.  It’s just something about them that calls me back for another one. And then another one. Even when I tried these new popcorn chips, which I didn’t like, I gave it more than one try. For you, it might not be either of two that has you reaching for more. But there is bound to be something that you refuse to settle for just one.

If food, clothes, shoes, or technological gadgets can have us (me) craving for more than one, why is it that we (me) settle for acknowledging God on a matter just once? Ouch, is what I said when this was brought to my attention today. The other day a friend of mine told me that I think too much. Admittedly, I consider myself more of a thinker than a talker but I was prodded by the spirit that the reason for some of all that thinking is that I’m not doing enough acknowledging in my life. You see when I’m thinking, I am pondering ways to fix this, correct that, and predict the future. In essence I’m taking matters into my own feeble hands. The thinking gets me super glued to what-if(s) and how.

When all I really need to do is trust and put into practice Proverbs 3:6,

In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (NKJV)

It’s not enough to acknowledge God once but it’s something to be done continually. He does not become tired of us coming to Him about the details of our life. He promised to give us direction. If I’m  feeling lost, perhaps it is because I have failed to seek His counsel. So even if you asked God once and you did not hear anything (because that happens to me a lot), remain consist in your acknowledging. 

Linking up with Tracy for Winsome Wednesday.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At November 9, 2011 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Great food for thought, Wanda! I am guilty of this as well....

 
At November 9, 2011 at 11:18 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Wanda, I screamed "guilty" when I saw the title of the blog (the image of a bag of Doritos popped in my head), and by the end I was still screaming guilty! guilty! guilty! Lord, help me!

 
At November 9, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda - I love how you say we need to continuously acknowledge God in all our ways. So true. Like His mercies are new every day, our acknowledgement of Him should be daily, hourly if need be, too
Great post and thank you for linking up. I look forward to seeing you there.
God bless
Tracy

 
At November 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Oh Wanda - have you crawled up inside my head?!

This was such a good post. Painfully true for me, but also wonderfully inspiring. This was the line that really stopped me:

"In essence I’m taking matters into my own feeble hands. The thinking gets me super glued to what-if(s) and how."

I also am an interesting mix of very deep feelings and a very analytical mind. The way I try to "break down" life is so very exhausting.

Acknowledging Him - so simple, yet so hard to remember to put into practice. Forgive us (me) Lord, for failing to remember that when we acknowledge You - You promise to direct our paths.

GOD BLESS!

 
At November 9, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A cleveryly put together post Wanda. Interesting to read.
Yvonne.

 
At November 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Beautiful...One is never enough...yes we need that appetite for God

 
At November 11, 2011 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Phather Phil Malmstrom said...

Wonderful truth Wanda. Quite often the struggles and feelings of frustration in our lives come from not seeking God's guidance before plunging into things.

Have a Blessed Day!

 
At November 11, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Being consistent in acknowledging His faithfulness!! Yes, that is a good word. Bless you.

 
At November 12, 2011 at 5:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your post! thank you for sharing...God bless you...loves soraya

 
At November 12, 2011 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Just Be Real said...

Came to get my soul watered. Blessings to you Wanda.

 
At November 12, 2011 at 4:10 PM , Blogger lioneagle said...

Hi Wanda -

Thank you

This is a good reminder for us all.
We are prone to go there instead of to our Lord....

 
At November 14, 2011 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks to each of you for sharing your insights. May we each put His Word into practice into our daily lives.

 
At November 18, 2011 at 5:49 PM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

"The thinking gets me super glued to what-if(s) and how.

When all I really need to do is trust and put into practice Proverbs 3:6..."


All well said! Thanks Wanda!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home