This page has moved to a new address.

The Promise Keeper

The Watered Soul: The Promise Keeper

Nov 7, 2011

The Promise Keeper

Rainbow_3831 (2_2)It’s hard to believe we are already in the next to last month of the year. Where has the time gone? There is something about this time of year that causes me to look back over the landscape of my year and do an assessment. Although looking for areas of accomplishments is good, I generally find myself examining the areas that I started but never finished. My eyes focus on  what I have yet to obtain or see manifest in my life. Do you know what happens when I do this? Disappointment sets in. I lose my grip on the promises of God.

As I walked this morning and pondered yesterday’s message in my heart,  I heard the whispers of God reminding me that He is the promise keeper. For a girl, who has experienced the heartache of broken promises, it’s hard for me at times to really trust. People I thought were trustworthy proved themselves otherwise. And then there is the fact that I don’t always keep the promises I make to myself. I promise to eat better, exercise more, venture out more, think better thoughts, or act less selfishly BUT I fail to keep my word. So the issue of promises often has me mentally squirming and pondering should I really believe that it’ll happen this time.

Our vision of God is often distorted because we look through the lens of our human experiences. A promise is only as good as the character of the one, who makes the promise. As humans, we all have failed to keep at least one promise but not God.

True, some of them were unfaithful; but just because they broke their promises, does that mean God will break his promises? Romans 3:3 NLT

Despite the approach of the end of year, do not lose hope in God’s Word. There is still time left. Do as Psalms 119:82 says, strain to see the promises of God. Daily He is fulfilling promises to you and me.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At November 7, 2011 at 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda - I was just thinking yesterday how God is the ONLY one you can trust. I asked God once, "why Lord, why wasn't he trustworthy." And the answer that came back was - "you were trusting him and not ME! ouch
Great post Wanda
God bless
Tracy

 
At November 7, 2011 at 12:13 PM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Wanda, as I read your words I was reminded that to Him, to our Creator, there is no end. Even when we fall and fail and reach our end, we have Him. Even when we can't trust ourselves, we can trust Him. He will carry us through.

Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit. - Psalm 147:5


He made heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them. He keeps every promise forever. - Psalm 146:6

The Lord always keeps His promises. - Psalm 145:13

 
At November 7, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Amen! God is most assuredly our Most Faithful One...He never fails...

 
At November 7, 2011 at 4:27 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Wonderful to read Wanda, yes time does fly.
Take care.
Yvonne.

 
At November 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Reformed rebel said...

HI Wanda ~ I tend to think about all I started and never finish also. Praise God He is not like that. His promises we can always count on! Amen!
Blessings...Chelle

 
At November 7, 2011 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Carole in the UK said...

Ooh! I love this post Wanda, as recently my Pastor preached on Promises and it made me think of the promises I had made to others and not always kept. I then pondered on the many, many promises, of God that I do not always stand on, despite KNOWING that God never breaks His promises.

Thank you for reminding us ‘to strain to see the promises of God'.

I noticed you popped into The Faith Lounge recently. Thank you for joining in the conversation. Look out for my next post about the four words that changed my walk with the Lord, it will help you in ANY challenge.

Bless you

 
At November 7, 2011 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Pam Williams said...

You always give me much to think about, Wanda. In just a few words you bring us a powerful message straight from God's Word. Your honesty gives us permission to be honest with ourselves. Thank you!
Blessings!
Pam

 
At November 8, 2011 at 12:21 AM , Blogger Sharon Reece said...

What a good reminder, especially in these times of crisis in our nation! We need to keep our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. I appreciated your post.

 
At November 19, 2011 at 2:49 PM , Anonymous Monica Watkins said...

As with most of your posts, I can certainly relate to the thoughts and feelings you've expressed in this post. For years, I would spend the end of the year reflecting on the promises I hoped would come to pass with the dawn of a new year. Just as you said, disappointment would set in quickly. I've learned that God's promises are true and His timing is perfect. I haven't started my reflections of this year, yet, but I pray I will keep the truth you've shared here in mind when I do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home