This page has moved to a new address.

The Blahs

The Watered Soul: The Blahs

May 11, 2010

The Blahs



Blah, blah, blah.... I seem to have woke up with the case of the blahs this morning for no apparent reason. There's nothing out of ordinary that has occurred in my life. Perhaps it's more of the ordinary that has plunged me into this depth of the blues. I find myself asking the same question the Psalmist did, "O my soul why art thou disquieted within me?" Guess I should put the rest of the verse in practice and a change of mood will come.

Psalm 43:5 Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, Who is the help of my [sad] countenance, and my God.(Amplified Bible) Psalm 43:5 (The Message)

Psalm 43:5 Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God— soon I'll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He's my God. (The Message)


Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At May 11, 2010 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Will Burke said...

We all kinda go in these cycles, and they're hard to weather. My prefered antidote is music; something I haven't heard in awhile (see: cassetts!).

 
At May 11, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Jessica Bell said...

Everybody has these down days. I sure do! Imagine what boring people we would be if we were happy all the time. We would never have opinions, questions, or inspiration to learn new things if we were always happy. I think sadness makes us better people. I'd cherish it now and again, if I were you. I do. I embrace it, feel it, then let it fly away. I hope you feel better soon. xx

 
At May 11, 2010 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there. We all have days like that. What helps me is music and to get out and soak up some sun. ((HUGS)))

 
At May 11, 2010 at 8:24 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I think everyone suddenly they realise they do the same routine everyday,go to the same shops.....they can't have changed overnight, what direction is their life taking them, it may last a few days then you think Hey! there are people worse of than myself and suddenly those shops look different, your routine becomes a joy and you feel back to normal again.

 
At May 11, 2010 at 9:18 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Relax in His arms: I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. - Psalm 131:2

 
At May 11, 2010 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

 
At May 11, 2010 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

You've raised up a standard against the enemy by relying on the Word of God. You've got the weapons of warfare and are using them. YAY for you! I know your day will be better.

(((hugs)))

 
At May 11, 2010 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks to each of you for your encouraging words. A drive, sun and P & W music helped to lift my spirits some. Blessings to each of you.

 
At May 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

now that's good to hear, sister!:)

i get days like that too. never know from one day to the next wether i'm going to be standing, sitting, kneeling, on my face, or groveling...

...love that song, God on the Mountain

 
At May 12, 2010 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Pet said...

This was my feelings for the pass few days. But I can tell you God is good and peace will follow before you know it.
Blessings!

 
At May 13, 2010 at 8:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I must remember this verse as well!! Waiting and praising... yes indeed.
Thanks again, ~ linda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home