This page has moved to a new address.

Access Granted...

The Watered Soul: Access Granted...

Jun 22, 2010

Access Granted...

Those two words were the first thoughts embedded in my mind when I awoke Sunday morning. Access granted…the phrase was not just a passing thought but words that seem only to become more vivid in my spirit throughout the day. Because I learning to capture my thoughts (not just the negative ones but even those that God speaks), I jotted it down in my journal and went about getting ready for Sunday morning service. While driving to church, I heard within me that I really didn't understand fully what the significance of those two words meant. So of course I questioned, Lord what do you mean? When access is granted, it means that places you couldn't previously gain entrance into are now open. He reminded me that some areas or arenas have been straightly shut up and they remain closed despite the amount of physical effort exerted. And even regardless of the amount of time spent in spiritual exercise. I know that statement might be a little controversial but that's what my Father revealed to me. Am I saying that things like prayer, fasting, or reading the Word don't work? Absolutely not! Those exercises discipline us and get us in proper position for when the door is opened. But until God chooses to open the door, it remains shut.

Even as I was sitting in the sanctuary, He began to continue the discourse by adding an object lesson. My attention was drawn to a door that was partially opened. From my seat I could see a small part of the room contents but the largest portion was not viewable. The door was not only unlocked but it was opened partially but in order to partake of the rooms contents I would have to choose to walk through the door. Had the door been locked I couldn't have accessed it contents because I do not possess the key to unlock.
Access granted provides the ability to get some things done where previously you hadn't been able to do so. The American Heritage dictionary defines access is the a means of approaching, entering, exiting or making use of or the right to to approach, enter, exit, or make use of. Grant means to consent to the fulfillment of or to accord as a favor, prerogative, or privilege. In essence those two words were announcing to me that I've been given consent or privilege to enter, exit or make use of some things or places that I hadn't been allowed to previously.

Those two words were inescapable all day. Even as I took Bella outside to potty, the clouds began to illustrate the point even further. A darker gray cloud was positioned in front of brighter white but in a certain place there was a window of space in the gray cloud allowing one to see the brighter cloud behind it. However, as the gray cloud moved along the window of opportunity to see the brighter cloud became smaller and smaller to all access was gone. The bright white cloud still existed but I could no longer see it because the Creator had closed up access to it.

Perhaps He was reminding me that access granted doesn't last forever. While I don't fully understand what it is that is being opened up for me to enter, exit or make use of, my prayer is that I don't miss it. May He grant me a spirit of wisdom, knowledge, and revelation. When the door is made plain to me, Lord please give me the courage to enter in. In Jesus name~ Amen


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At June 22, 2010 at 2:57 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

This was a wonderful post Wanda, I really enjoyed the read.


Yvonne.

 
At June 22, 2010 at 6:17 AM , Blogger Pet said...

Nice post. Good morning and sending blessings your way.

 
At June 22, 2010 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Amydeanne said...

great post Wanda!

 
At June 22, 2010 at 12:45 PM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Amen! ... Seek the Lord while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. - Isaiah 55:6

 
At June 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

hi Wanda:)

what do you say you and i make a little prayer pact
between us? that comment you left in my blog wasn't just a "coincidence." leastways i don't think so. for me it was a confirmation from Him. it also means it to me that it isn't my idea....but His. this one has questions too. so lets pray for one another for His spirit of revelation. what do you think about this?

 
At June 22, 2010 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Yvonne, Pet, and Amy.

Bluebutterfly great scripture reference.

Bud, your post was confirmation to me as well. Sounds like a good idea my friend.

 
At June 22, 2010 at 8:37 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

:)...okay and Thank You!!!

Praise Adonai !!!

 
At June 23, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda, this is such a spirit-stirring post. I'm filled with anticipation. Now I too shall seek His revelation. Praying with you my sister--for revelation, clarity, and the wisdom on how to handle it once the direction is made clear. You are right about an open door signifying an entrance OR and exit. Praying.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home