This page has moved to a new address.

Teaser Tuesday {Six-Liter Club}

The Watered Soul: Teaser Tuesday {Six-Liter Club}

Jul 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesday {Six-Liter Club}

six-liter club
The scene was all too typical-a madhouse of activity with crying children, sleeping drunks, and a crowd of brothers standing at the foot of a stretcher holding a white-haired matriarch struggling to get her breath. The sweet-sour smell of bloody vomit and clinical antiseptic mingled as a familiar odor and prompted me to quicken my pace. pg. 55 Six-Liter Club by Harry Kraus 





TuesdayTeaser
Teaser Tuesday is a book meme hosted by Should Be Reading.





My Review


Harry Kraus’ Six-Liter Club is the latest book I’ve read this year.  I was lucky enough to win this book via Kat’s blog Heart to Heart. It is one of the best books I’ve read this year. Kraus weaves a tale of suspense, romance, self rediscovery, ambition, and faith in this medical thriller. Camille, an orphan, has worked hard to excel in academics and has become the first African American woman trauma surgeon at the Medical College of Virginia. Everything seems to be falling into place-a new position, a promising new love interest and a new member of the distinguished six-liter club.  Amid the male dominated surgical culture, Camille feels the pressure to conform to the good old boys way of doing things, while being compelled to set her on own mark. At the height of her success, memories from her childhood in the Conga begin to haunt her threatening to ruin everything she’s worked so hard to achieve.


Anxiously anticipating what would happen next, I found myself staying up late into the night reading . As I came to the end of the book, I lingered on the pages sadden that the novel was coming to a close. This was my first time reading any of the author’s work and I was well pleased. I highly recommend this book-it will not disappoint.


What’s the latest page-turner you’ve read?


Be sure to sign up for my giveaway here before you go. 

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At July 27, 2010 at 3:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great teaser. Very descriptive, almost feel like I'm there. My teaser is here

http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesday-is-hosted-by-mizb-over.html

 
At July 27, 2010 at 4:44 AM , Blogger Just Be Real said...

Like the teaser Wanda. Blessings.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Manga Maniac said...

Great teaser - I haven't heard of the book before.

My teasers are here Manga Maniac Cafe

 
At July 27, 2010 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Good review...I love a great read that leaves me wanting more....

 
At July 27, 2010 at 7:41 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

An excellent review Wanda.

Yvonne.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Alayne said...

Eek! Little gross there. But good teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 4:49 PM , Blogger pussreboots said...

Sounds interesting. Mine's from Devil to Pay, a book I wrote.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Ella said...

I love your review; I'm interested~
I don't have a page turner right now... I'm reading, but it isn't
keeping me up late. I do love those
kind of books, though~

 
At July 28, 2010 at 1:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed the book. The teaser makes me a bit uncomfortable though. Don't much like hospitals. LOL.

Mine's from Devil May Cry.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home