This page has moved to a new address.

Victory Through Him

The Watered Soul: Victory Through Him

Sep 18, 2010

Victory Through Him

Psalm 62
For Jeduthun, the choir director: A psalm of David.
1 I wait quietly before God,
      for my victory comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
      my fortress where I will never be shaken.

3 So many enemies against one man—
      all of them trying to kill me.
   To them I’m just a broken-down wall
      or a tottering fence.
4 They plan to topple me from my high position.
      They delight in telling lies about me.
   They praise me to my face
      but curse me in their hearts.
Interlude

5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
      for my hope is in him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
      my fortress where I will not be shaken.
7 My victory and honor come from God alone.
      He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
8 O my people, trust in him at all times.
      Pour out your heart to him,
      for God is our refuge.
Interlude

9 Common people are as worthless as a puff of wind,
      and the powerful are not what they appear to be.
   If you weigh them on the scales,
      together they are lighter than a breath of air.

10 Don’t make your living by extortion
      or put your hope in stealing.
   And if your wealth increases,
      don’t make it the center of your life.

11 God has spoken plainly,
      and I have heard it many times:
   Power, O God, belongs to you;
12 unfailing love, O Lord, is yours.
   Surely you repay all people
      according to what they have done.

source: Bible Gateway

This psalm was a part of my Bible reading this morning. As I read it, I was reminded of the beautiful, praise-stirring prayer of VICTORY by MJT I read on yesterday.  Like David, I have those times when it seems there is so much against me. It looks to others and sometimes EVEN to me that this time I’m not going to make it out.  But this psalm and his prayer reminds me that victory IS my predetermined end. Not because there’s anything so great or good about me or what I can do but because who God is and what He already established for my life. I’m so grateful that God was so wise and mindful to leave written records such as this psalm that I can read and reflect upon in times of adversity. Or He causes my path to cross with another one of His children that speaks or writes a word that refuels my hope and confidence in God.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At September 18, 2010 at 2:57 PM , Blogger duopastorale said...

Wonderful. He always comes through.... always, always!

 
At September 18, 2010 at 3:39 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

This was wonderful Wanda, a privilege to read. Thank you.

Yvonne.

 
At September 18, 2010 at 3:51 PM , Blogger MTJ said...

Hi Wanda,

I am grateful to have found the words of encouragement on the pages of this blog. The title The Watered Soul is so appropriate.

Recently, you wrote about the passage of scripture in Ephesians (6) and as I meditated on the scripture I began to see something which for me, was what I need to do; stand, walk and live in the faith and victory I have in Christ.

The life I live, though it may be temporal, though it may experience pain, sorrow and grief, will not deter me from my faith in the risen Savior and Lord.

I appreciate you as a fellow Christian.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

 
At September 18, 2010 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

The psalms are so full of things like this - love them - and this post. Blessings.

 
At September 18, 2010 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Amen Wanda... I love the Psalms because in it, we hear the heart of David (most of them were written by him). Many of them were borne out of his struggles and over-whelming trials. We can all relate to him on so many levels even though not many of our trials were as severe as his.

I always find encouragement and inspiration through the posts you write... I am very grateful for your blog!

 
At September 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Dena E's Blog said...

Yes Sweet Wanda,,Always Always Wait on God,,He is our 1 and only TRUE Hope,,,never give up on Him..
Don't listen to the enemy Sweetie,,its hard sometimes but you know you're in His word and that is everything!!!
You will be added to my prayers tonight too..
He is our,,Heart Toucher,, Hand Holder,, Fear Taker and Peace Maker,,to just name a few :0)
May all good things of God happen for you in your new week!!!
Hugs&Love~~~ Dena

 
At September 19, 2010 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Amen...the Living Word...always has the answer...because He IS the answer.....

 
At September 20, 2010 at 7:54 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

He is unfailing love, unfailing power and unfailing victory....we always can be certain of the outcome when we place our trust in Him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home