This page has moved to a new address.

Darkness Doesn’t Last

The Watered Soul: Darkness Doesn’t Last

Sep 13, 2010

Darkness Doesn’t Last

As I walked amidst the darkness this morning, I was reminded of something the Father whispered to me a few weeks ago. Darkness loomed that image: day breakmorning, much like it did today when Bella and I headed out for our walk.  What He whispered was something so simple but gave me so much comfort. Three simple words-morning always comes.

Told you it was simple. Morning always comes. I know that life is full of cycles and morning naturally comes after the night. Yet, when going through the night seasons of my personal live, I often forget that it’s only temporary. So He used the sun breaking through the darkness of the night to remind me that change does come.

I’m opening up the pages of my journal to share what I wrote down that day. Hope that someone finds encouragement in it as I did when I wrote that day. Even now I find strength to continue walking through the shadow of death.

Morning always comes. Hold on through the night. Don’t faint through the night season because morning always comes. Just as when the season changes there are times when the day is filled with more darkness than light, so are our lives. But, morning always comes. You have to see me through the eyes of the spirit at those times. I’m always shining but darkness (which I allow) covers my presence but I’m always with you. That’s why you have to build up your spirit man so that during those seasons you’ve stored up a supply of my light (His Word) so that it can illuminate from down on the inside of you.

Illumination from your core-your God self. My people are looking for too much external light. You have to learn how to walk in and through the night. When I send the darkness, I’m giving you an opportunity to grow. The allowance of the darkness is proof of my trust in what I placed in you. But know that morning always comes, my love. I will reveal myself. I will show up. I will fulfill my promises. I’ve already sealed them with a yes.

Yes to what you long for. Yes to power. Yes to signs, miracles and wonders. Yes to no more barrenness. Yes to deliverance. Yes to wholeness. Yes to household salvation. Yes to peace. Yes to fruitful relationships. Yes to love. Yes to strength. Yes to more of my presence. My answer is yes; I will do it. You need only ask and trust me.

Praying that He’ll strengthen you as you walk through the darkness.

 

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At September 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

An opportunity to grow is exactly what I'm hearing. Here we grow again. ;) These words are perfect for today.

"Yes to what you long for. Yes to power. Yes to signs, miracles and wonders. Yes to no more barrenness. Yes to deliverance. Yes to wholeness. Yes to household salvation. Yes to peace. Yes to fruitful relationships. Yes to love. Yes to strength. Yes to more of my presence. My answer is yes;..." AMEN!!!

 
At September 13, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Such an incredible reminder. Thank you. I needed this.

 
At September 13, 2010 at 12:29 PM , Blogger MTJ said...

Hi Wanda,

This is a thoughtful reminder that although the sun may be hidden by a dark cloud, it still shines brightly. God's Son, Jesus also shines brightly illuminating our life with grace and peace.

Your affirmations of Yes resonate in my spirit. I also say, "Yes!"

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

 
At September 13, 2010 at 3:35 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

That's so true about the darkness not lasting. Somewhere there is light at the end of the tunnel however long it may take it's there.

Yvonne.

 
At September 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

OH Wanda!
I LOVED this post!
How I needed to hear this TODAY!

Could I have your permission to copy your prayer - just for my private use? I have a notebook of inspiring thoughts - and this prayer really touched me - I would love to be able to refer to it often.

Thank you for being faithful, and speaking the words that God wanted me to hear today.

BLESSINGS TO YOU!

 
At September 13, 2010 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Happy to hear that you all found some encouragement from it. Sharon, feel free to use it. Blessings to each of you.

 
At September 13, 2010 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

oh my Wanda... this is powerful. And the picture of the clouds and the sunrays, is glorious. You would probably know by now, how much I adore sky photos. It is one beautiful way He speaks to me too.

As I was reading this post, I was reminded of something. When we first walk into a dark room, without light, or even outside at night, we can't see much at all, only blackness... then little by little, as we push on by faith and tenacity, our eyes adjust, and we can begin to see more clearly. I believe this is the same in the spiritual. It is faith and trust in Him, that helps us adjust our spiritual eyes, to seeing in the dark times more clearly.

Loved this, thank you for posting from your precious journey.

 
At September 15, 2010 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Phenomenal Wanda. Thank you so much for this reminder. It was very much so needed. Blessings to you <3

JB

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home