This page has moved to a new address.

A Distorted View

The Watered Soul: A Distorted View

Dec 12, 2010

A Distorted View

Today’s message dealt with a passage from Mark 22-25 about a blind man who was taken to Jesus  to be healed. The speaker pointed out that the first thing Jesus choose to do was to take the blind man out of the town. No doubt the town was a place of familiarity to him. In their own environment, most blind people can successfully maneuver around because they’ve learned where everything is located. Next Jesus does another rather strange thing, He spits on the man’s eye and lays His hand on him and asks a questions. Can you see anything? What the man reported he seen was not accurate so Jesus touched his eyes again. With the second touch came clear vision.

As I reflect back on today’s lesson, I can’t help but ponder and look through the file cabinet of mind and ask God what areas in my life have I been seeing men as trees. Men aren’t trees and trees don’t walk. So if what I see is distorted, my reactions to the situation, person, event will be inaccurate and inappropriate.

Father take me beyond the place of familiarity and comfort. Touch my eyes again that I may see things clearly. I don’t want to operate from a false view of myself or others. Help me to see things as they really are and not through tinted glasses stained by old hurts, wounds, and bad experiences. Yes, Lord I do see something but what I see doesn’t line up with your Words says so touch my eyes again. Only you can restore sight.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At December 12, 2010 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Much to ponder here. I really like this. Thanks!

 
At December 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Lorena G. Sims said...

I love this post especially the prayer.

 
At December 12, 2010 at 10:03 PM , Blogger MTJ said...

Hi Wanda,

Thanks for sharing these insightful words. I have been asking myself questions as I confess my desire to approach and worship our Lord.

I believe that as I seek spiritual intimacy, I examine myself more closely. I say, "I examine myself...", but the truth is that God reveals to me, my true thoughts and motives. Having eyes, yet lacking the ability to see with clarity. How often those words have described my attitudes, and behavior. There is a thirst within me now to walk by faith. It is for me now a struggle within myself; putting to death the life I once lived for myself, taking up my cross and following Christ.

Lord God, give us the clarity of sight and purpose that we may walk in faith and obedience, pouring out our lives as an offering of thanks.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

 
At December 13, 2010 at 3:05 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Much to think about, loved the read.
Have a lovely day.

Yvonne.

 
At December 13, 2010 at 7:15 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Amen! In so many instances, the circumstances or people around us don't "need" to change, we simply need to see differently. Help us, Lord.

 
At December 13, 2010 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Ella said...

Wonderful post! We have to alter our vision and give ourselves a way to adjust our view. Time helps, so does constantly remaining social, no matter where you are. I can't imagine you not being, but sometimes we have to push our boundaries, to see new maps, I mean men. It is a journey. You might have had a few detours, but your path will continue~

xXx

 
At December 13, 2010 at 4:55 PM , Anonymous Angel @ Finding The Inspiring said...

Great post! "To see things as they really are" is my prayer as well. Thanks for helping me give more thought to this passage and the fact that the Lord can heal my vision. And thanks for stopping by my place today. I appreciated your kind comment. God bless you!

 
At December 13, 2010 at 5:52 PM , Blogger Just Be Real said...

Thank you Wanda. Blessings.

 
At December 13, 2010 at 8:06 PM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

I'm with you in your prayer dear sister...

 
At December 13, 2010 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

So very true, Wanda. The Lord does want us to have clear vision - and sadly, there are SO many things that can cloud our spiritual eyesight. God alone can examine our hearts, and He alone can reveal the areas where we are blind or short-sighted.

May He help ALL of us see ourselves, our world, and other people more clearly - may He help us see these things as HE does.

GOD BLESS!

 
At December 13, 2010 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks to each of you for sharing your thoughts. Hearing from you always blesses me.

 
At December 13, 2010 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I always get drenched when I stop by!

Wanna make a big splash for Christmas? Then you're invited to a water buffalo party for India. No formal wear required, just stop by and visit

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2010/12/all-i-want-for.html

Be blessed bunches,
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home