This page has moved to a new address.

Angles, Arrows, & Awards

The Watered Soul: Angles, Arrows, & Awards

Apr 1, 2011

Angles, Arrows, & Awards

7637691_s

Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos

Angles

I remember studying angles in geometry class. Some were narrow, many were wide and others were right angles. Each blogger has their own unique angle. According to Wikipedia the world wide web is infested with with over 156 million public blogs. Now that’s a bunch of talking and writing going on. But what determines the right angle for you? Some blogs focus in on a narrow selection of topics, while others have a wide scope. What’s your blogging angle? Is it acute or obtuse?

Today, I  jump in with more than 500 other bloggers into the triathlon of blogging challenges—the A to Z Challenge. As with any course, each blogger will face it their unique way. Throughout the challenge The Watered Soul’s angle will remain narrow in it’s focus on sharing inspirational truths I learn as I journey throughout this course of life.

Whether you like to swim around and discover broad topics or prefer the calm waters of a small pond of ideas, you are bound to discover some new blogs through the many participants.

Arrows

As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Psalms 127:4

This passage of scripture came to mind today. I don’t have any children and uhmm you can’t really call 30’s young but I walked away with some fresh insight. An arrow is meant to hit a target and if the one who is shooting the arrow is mighty and/or skillful, He has the ability to reach his goal. Children are fruit that is produced. A parent’s job is to help aim that child in the direction that it should go. Our relationship status or family roles do not exempt us from birthing out or producing something of purpose in our lives. It does not matter if we are birthing blogs, books, poems, art or clothing lines, we have to use the skills we have been given to aim it in the proper direction.

Is there something in your life that needs to be readjusted?

Awards

On another note I’d like to take the opportunity to thank those who have so graciously bestowed awards to this blog.

Thanks to Yvonne for passing along the Friends for the Journey award. Friends for the Journey (Yvonne 3-11)I’m passing it on to Kim of Stuff Could Always Be Worse.

And thanks to Jackie for giving me the Stylish Blogger award awhstylish blogger award from Jackie 1-25-11ile ago. I would like to pass this one on to JBR of  Just Be Real and Sandra of Lion’s Share Majesty.

Thanks to Dierdra  & Pam for passing along the inspiringblogaward (3-11)Inspiring Blog award.

I’m sharing this one with Carole of The Faith Lounge, Sharon of Sharon Sharing God and B. Niles of Wealth of Character.

Hard to believe it has been a year since I dived head first into the last A to Z challenge. Couldn’t help taking a peek at my last year’s post for the letter A, which was about availability. Sending out cheers to my fellow challengers.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At April 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM , Anonymous bendedspoon said...

Congratulations on the awards and you hit A+++ with your post! You made me look back with my geometry -- one of the interesting concept of math. Happy A to Z challenge :)

 
At April 1, 2011 at 3:13 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Congrats on your awards and for the excellent start to the challenge.
Thanks for the visit, much appreciated.

Yvonne.

 
At April 1, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

The awards are deserved!

Math! Geometry! I'm getting a cold sweat just thinking about it...help me, Jesus! Isn't God good? He's given us all the tools to walk the straight path and to make all adjustments. I need all the help I can get!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 12:43 PM , Blogger septembermom said...

Congratulations on your awards. I'm very happy to meet you as a fellow challenge participant. I love your post today. Your reflections on the scripture passage from Psalms is very thoughtful and interesting. Thank you!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Yamini Meduri said...

wow...wonderful start dear..!!!

thanks for stopping by at my Land of Dreams...keep visiting..!!!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Angela said...

It's nice that everyone has their own unique angles. I admit I enjoy seeing everyone's different perspective.

 
At April 1, 2011 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Nice going with the triple A topic!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Congrats on your awards! I love this post the thought of direction, our target Audience(A word) who we Aim to reach. Great post Wanda; So happy you are in for round 2! Pass the cherry coke, will ya?! ;-D diet for me

 
At April 1, 2011 at 11:12 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

hi sister Wanda:)

figured i'd wait till the crowd cleared out a bit. am sure you will understand. i'm always out of adjustment!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love your post about angles and bloggers, so true
kim
wow I thank you for the award

 
At April 1, 2011 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love your post about angles and bloggers, so true
kim
wow I thank you for the award

 
At April 2, 2011 at 3:55 AM , Blogger jabblog said...

Nice post with plenty of food for thought - always a plus in my book:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home