This page has moved to a new address.

Entries & Exits

The Watered Soul: Entries & Exits

Apr 6, 2011

Entries & Exits

The letter of the day is E. Not a lot of E-words come to mind other than eyes, emotion, exude, emote, and excel. Rather than use any of those I have decided to focus on the e’s that keep coming up in my reading-entry and exit.

As the Israelites where traversing from Egypt in route to the place of promise, several warnings were issued about how to act when they finally entered the land. In summary, they were advised of three key areas:

1. Obedience

2. Temptation to Compromise

3. Keeping First Things First

Failure in these areas meant the difference in them just entering but only passing through and them entering in and being established. Are these not the exact challenges we each encounter today when faced with the opportunity to enter and occupy new places in our lives? Does not matter if the new place is a relationship, career, ministry endeavor, or hobby. We will have to fight tendencies to want to do things our own way rather than obey God’s voice. If we do not stay alert, areas of compromise will creep in. Seeing how others do it will have us venturing off the path set out for us. And, the busyness, pleasure, and perks of the good place can squeeze out our time for the one who made it all possible.

Entering into a place by nature means we are exiting out of another. Some places I have exited with regret and others with enthusiasm. Just as some places in life I have entered feeling elated but others with a bit of mixed emotions. Regardless of the emotions, I don’t want to be forced to exit the places of promise prematurely because I failed to keep the proper balance.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At April 6, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Oh my..this speaks to my heart! Thank you!! I need to keep the proper balance!

Hugs,
andrea

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I want to enter and exit as directed by God, not me. God's will and not mine.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Karen Jones Gowen said...

This is really interesting and thought-provoking! I had never thought about exits and entrances in this way, thanks for a great post and e word!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Sarah Allen said...

This is so great :) I especially need #3. I am so one track minded, its hard to keep all of those tracks in the right order. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

 
At April 6, 2011 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Lorena G. Sims said...

This is such an encouraging words for me. Exiting is the new entering. Yes, we need to be alert all the time! Thank you Wanda.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Wonderful and so on target of my life lately. I don't which doorway to enter next! Thank you Wanda, some how your thoughts always link to something happening in my life! xXx

 
At April 6, 2011 at 3:04 PM , Blogger elisa.lu said...

I have been thinking about keeping my balance this week too. It's funny how the longer I walk with God the more I realize that I know less about Him than I think. There is so much more to discover.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 4:33 PM , Blogger nutschell said...

new follower here!what a fresh way of looking at something we encounter mindlessly everyday. entrances and exits indeed! thanks for sharing.
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

 
At April 7, 2011 at 12:01 AM , Anonymous bendedspoon said...

Thank you so much for the Enightenment :)

 
At April 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Petra said...

Very timely and encouraging post! Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home