This page has moved to a new address.

Interruptions or Invitations?

The Watered Soul: Interruptions or Invitations?

Apr 11, 2011

Interruptions or Invitations?

PB270194The A-Z challenge resumes with the letter I today. Today I tackle the word interruptions.  I’m not one to operate from a written to-do list but on most days I have a mental idea of what things I hope to accomplish. Yet its rare to have a day without some form of interruption. Sometimes it’s a just a simple question someone needs to ask or an unexpected thing that needs to be added to the already burgeoning mental list. At times the interruption comes in the form of a slow moving car, road blocks, or unexpected visitors. Depending upon the way you look at them, interruptions can be set-backs or set-ups.

My mind goes back to various ones throughout the Bible whose ordinary lives were interrupted by the divine.

Mary’s marriage was interrupted by an unplanned pregnancy that led to her birthing out the Savior of the world.

Rebekah’s daily task of fetching water was interrupted by a servant on a mission. Which led to her being married.

Zacharias’ service in the temple was interrupted by the appearance of angel bringing good news.

Saul’s reign of terror was interrupted on the road to Damascus.

The woman at the well search for water was interrupted by the living water Himself.

Each of them no doubt had their own agenda that day. Perhaps expecting only to do what they always did but in the midst of their ordinary plans a life altering interruption occurred. At times the cleverly robed interruption is not really a nuisance but an invitation to a life beyond the confines of your own imagination.

 

 

Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

At April 11, 2011 at 7:03 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Most Impressive Wanda. most enjoyable,

Yvonne.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Belbin9 said...

Well said

 
At April 11, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You have me intriqued to read the bible.. again... and soon.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

I am trying desperately to seek GOD agenda and NOT mine! Thanks for an awesome reminder.

Blessings,
andrea

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Anonymous doreen said...

I am trying to enjoy interuptions as I believe they have been placed in our way for good reason.
Great examples!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Wanda! What a beautiful, though-provoking post for us today. When we look at the 'interruptions' you bring us from the Bible, they don't appear all that unpleasant at all, do they? I hope this will help me pause to seek God in all of the interruptions of my day, to ask what He has in them for me!

God's blessings to you today!!
Trudy

 
At April 11, 2011 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Oh yes - interruptions can often be appointments with God. Love this post.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I agree with interruptions, they can be good or bad?? Thoughtful

 
At April 11, 2011 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great illustrations of God interrupting our plans. I just did a post on new eyes. I want eyes that see these interruptions as invitations from God.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 12:46 PM , Blogger nutschell said...

Thought provoking, as usual. You make me stop and think and that's one of the things i love about your blog. :)
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

 
At April 11, 2011 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Lorena G. Sims said...

Love it Wanda! Think positively. When interruption comes, there's always a reason, and yes it may be an invitation. Great post!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Lovely way to view the world; though sometimes I'll admit it is difficult to see the good! But I'll try ;-D

 
At April 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

This is great! And yes, it makes life easier if we view interruptions as opportunities or, as you say, set ups.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Yes, Lord.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Angel said...

Great post Wanda! Thank you for remdinding me that an interrruption could actually be an invitation to something better than my own plans, "a life beyond the confines of my own imagination".

 
At April 11, 2011 at 6:50 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

you surely were creative on this one! thse were Wonderful interruptions, weren't they?:)e

 
At April 11, 2011 at 7:15 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Wanda,

I LOVE this post--what a gentle and graceful reminder to be open to what God has in store for us... not my way, Thy way!
Grace be with you,
Lisa

 
At April 11, 2011 at 7:16 PM , Blogger Petra said...

Great I post! Interruptions can be irksome or inspiring. :-)

 
At April 11, 2011 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

Definitely a thought-provoking post.

Doris

 
At April 11, 2011 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Gregg Metcalf said...

Excellent post! Great point or principle to think about.


Gregg Metcalf
Colossians 1:28-29

Gospel-driven Disciples

 
At April 12, 2011 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Angela said...

I like your perspective!

 
At April 13, 2011 at 11:03 PM , Blogger lioneagle said...

Hi Wanda -

Very interesting...

Your wise words give cause to ponder...

Thank you for the brain exercise.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home