This page has moved to a new address.

Are You Growing?

The Watered Soul: Are You Growing?

Apr 8, 2010

Are You Growing?

Oh my gosh, I must admit lately I've been feeling like a girl back in grade school working hard to get my A-Z challenge assignments completed. I could never be glad with an incomplete. Gees let's get to my post.

Babies, flowers, and definitely my grass seem to grow so fast. I've been reflecting on those things needed to ensure healthy growth in our lives. Using each letter of the word grow, I discovered some helpful things to help our spirtitual lives bloom.

G-for Ground. The ground or the type of soil we're planting in hampers or helps the seeds sown. Jesus, Himself illustrated through the parable of the sower the impact the ground of our hearts have on the Word in our lives.

R-for Rain. Just as plants require water, we need the rain of his presence to fall upon us. Life has a way of leaving us burdened, burned, and bare. Searching for water sources to quench our thirst leads us to broken relationships, food addictions, alcohol and drug abuse, promiscuity. All promising to quench our dry places but only leaving us more drained and parched than before.

O-for Opportunities and Obstacles. Yes, I did say obstacles. Obstacles and opportunities for growth present themselves in very obscure ways. Trials and tribulations produce (if there is production, there is growth) something within us according to Romans 5:3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us. They help us learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation.  So the next time you find yourself facing and obstacle, remind yourself that you have been granted an opportunity to grow.

W-for Weapons. Oh indeed you need some weapons if you're going to grow. Any good farmer or gardener has specific tools that help him cultivate the ground and gather the harvest. And the devil is just like pests are to plants, he comes to infect and ultimately destroy your growth. Therefore, appropriate pesticides(weapons) are needed. Being as gracious as He is, God has prepared  armor for you to wear so that you might stand against the wiles of the devil. 2 Corinthians 10:4 tells us The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. (NIV)

I pray that the ground of your heart is soft and receptive to God. And when you find that you are harden that you'll allow the rain of His presence to make you supple again. When obstacles and opportunities come along, may you not shrink back in fear but fearlessly forge ahead knowing that God is right at your side and that His equipped you with the weapons to overcome.

See what other g-related topics A-Z Challengers are discussing here.


Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At April 8, 2010 at 1:48 AM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

Wanda, that was a creative approach with an important message. I'll give you an A+ for that one.
Lee
Blogging From A to Z April Challenge

 
At April 8, 2010 at 4:37 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A wonderful post to read, a real pleasure.

Yvonne,

 
At April 8, 2010 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Wanda said...

An A+ really,Arlee...oh my I'm excited. Always did love to receive that grade.
Thanks Yvonne.

 
At April 8, 2010 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Such a beautiful post. As I go through a time of growth in my spiritual life right now, I can so relate to what you've said. Interesting that you talked about the appetites for "other things" when what we're really hungry for is more of Him. I read another post similar in content to that just the other day. Maybe He's telling me something?

I'm listening Lord! :)

Have a blessed day!

 
At April 8, 2010 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Pet said...

This is a nice post. Thank you. I have to check out the challengers.

 
At April 8, 2010 at 3:00 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

what an amazing day! love this post! getting fed today, that's for sure!

 
At April 8, 2010 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Loving your blog! I am going to be a follower cause I think you are going to have great things to say. I love this challenge - I write about the first word that comes into my head when I think about each letter. Sometimes it is random. . .

 
At April 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the truth amid creativity. :) I am so in agreement with you on areas we need to grow... even the not-so-fun parts like obstacles...

 
At April 8, 2010 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Patricia Stoltey said...

Hi Wanda -- Thanks for dropping by my blog. I just finished reading through several of your posts and really like your style and topic choices. I'll be checking back for more.....Patricia

 
At April 8, 2010 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks Lisa, Pet, Patricia, Bud, Linda! You've definitely brighten my day. God bless you.

 
At April 10, 2010 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Tori Cooper said...

I hear you on the whole feeling like a girl back in grade school... I'm so behind on my comments! Catching up is not an easy task... thank God I have today and tomorrow! Wanda, thank you for visiting my blog and commenting... I want you to know that I'm doing my best to keep up with you and your beautiful postings! Your entries are always refreshing and graceful! Love it!

 
At May 15, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Shanda said...

Thank you so much for this post. I am on my personal A to Z challange of thankfulness and slightly regretting it as I have limited myself so much in my decision to make the word something I am grateful for; especially as I am getting to the end with the 'hard' letters. This post was just what I needed to encourage me to keep going and also to focus on the scriptures you gave RE obsticles and weappons.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home