This page has moved to a new address.

Buried in Him

The Watered Soul: Buried in Him

Apr 2, 2010

Buried in Him

BURIED IN HIM

Today marks the day we remember them crucifying Jesus

and carrying Him away to be buried in the tomb.

When I think of the word “bury”, heaps of dirt marking a fresh grave comes to mind.

To bury marks an ending of what was and memorializes what now ceases to be.

When they crucified my Lord, they had no idea what significance that would be

to someone like you and me.

How could they have known that precious seed

would serve to set so many free

I heard a man of God say the most dangerous thing you can do to a seed is to bury it.

For there its greatest potential is released.

Beneath the ground beyond what they could see,

God was preparing a way for you and me.

Because they buried Him and He rose again,

my sins and bondages no longer have the power to imprison me.

When they buried Him, they made resurrection available to me

When they closed the tomb that day, they couldn’t fathom

the way of escape made possible on that eventful day.

Because he was bruised and battered, there’s healing here now for me

Because He was buried, I can now live freely

©W.Ward 2010


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At April 3, 2010 at 12:09 AM , Blogger Tori Cooper said...

Amen! That's why today is called "Good Friday"... because we can celebrate the hope we have in Jesus because of the fact that he was buried & rose again! Wanda, I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog... I a greatly appreciate you taking the time! :-) Added you to my blog reading list! Talk soon!

 
At April 3, 2010 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

Blessings to you, Wanda and a big amen to what you have said here.
Lee

 
At April 3, 2010 at 7:23 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

hi Wanda,
like what the man said about the seed:)

Have a Wonderful Easter!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home