This page has moved to a new address.

Imposter on the Loose

The Watered Soul: Imposter on the Loose

Apr 10, 2010

Imposter on the Loose


According to statistics identity theft is on the rise. One report states that one in four households in the US is affected by it. While certain age groups have higher incidences of id theft, it happens to people from all walks of life. Encarta dictionary defines identity as the name or essential character that identifies somebody or something; the set of characteristics that somebody recognizes as belonging uniquely to himself or herself and constituting his or her individual personality for life.


What things or characteristics do you identify with yourself? There is a song I listen to from time to time by Lacrae called Identity. The words of the chorus are:

I'm not the shoes I wear, I'm not the clothes I buy
I'm am not the house I live in, I'm not the car I drive
I'm not the job I work, You can't define my worth
By nothing on God's green earth, my identity is found in Christ.
I believe one of the greatest thefts in the body of Christ is stolen identities. The enemy fights hard to keep us locked away from the truth of who God has called us to be. As long as we don't know who we are and the power and authority that he has placed within these earthen vessels, the enemy is able to steal, kill, and destroy our love ones, our hopes, passions, and faith. Keeping us chained to our old man thus rendering us ineffective in the kingdom of God. Our true identity can only be found by fellowshipping with the Creator.



Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At April 10, 2010 at 7:04 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

you nailed this one, Wanda! i was here a few month's after losing it ALL to the enemy. one of the problems when this happened to me was when i got back into sin, it was ten times worse to get out of then before. what a lot of people fail to recognize is that the enemy really wants to kill us literally not figuratively. if he can't get to us, he will use someone closer to us. abiding is my only hope!

 
At April 10, 2010 at 7:04 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At April 10, 2010 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Oh yes, he's a real enemy who aims to complete his assignment by any means necessary.

 
At April 10, 2010 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Raquel Byrnes said...

Awesome post. I agree whole-heartedly.

 
At April 10, 2010 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Roland D. Yeomans said...

I read your profile and loved it. You're right. The Father would not have given us the Dream if He did not want us to follow it with all our heart.

If you have the time and inclination, would you check out my entry in the murder scene blogfest. It is a historical fantasy, set in 1853 aboard a transatlantic steamer bound for Paris. 1853 where morality was as razor-edged for men of principle as it is now.
http://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com/.
Thanks, Roland

 
At April 11, 2010 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Good choice for I-day. If my ID card has heaven as my "home address", do people who know me and "look" at my ID card see me as identified with Christ? That is my question to ponder today.

 
At April 11, 2010 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Gregg Metcalf said...

Good post and great analogy! We do need to know who we are in Christ. Although we have a large part in the responsibility of knowing this, the fault lies with poor teaching on the part of biblical teachers. We have such a shortage of them today and it the problem continues to grow worse.

 
At April 11, 2010 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Wanda said...

@Raquel-thanks
@Roland, thanks for stopping by and when I get a moment I'll be sure to stop by your place.
@Linda, good point, I was reading a scripture the other day and was pondering the same thing about self.
@Gregg, true we perish due to lack of knowledge.

 
At April 11, 2010 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Great post Wanda. I read the last paragraph twice so that I could fully grasp what you were saying, with my heart. And grasp it I did. My hearts desire is to live as close to my Master so any deception by the enemy falls on deaf ears.
Thanks friend for being His vessel.

Hugs,
Lisa

 
At April 11, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Great post, you put a lot of great info in here~ Love the lyrics, you really tied this up nicely!

 
At April 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

@ Lisa being close to what is authentic helps us to recognize the counterfeit.
@ Ellie~thanks!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM , Blogger duopastorale said...

Great post. I pray that God will reveal more and more who we are in Christ. Awesome :)

 
At April 15, 2010 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Tori Cooper said...

So true what you say... we got to get to the point where we believe what God says we are instead of all those lies... the bible says Satan is the father of lies... although it is easy to believe them... freedom lies behind truth... They shall know the truth, and the truth shall set them free! JOHN 8:32 God's word is truth (JOhn 17;17)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home