This page has moved to a new address.

But, I want to go this way {Monday Manna}

The Watered Soul: But, I want to go this way {Monday Manna}

Sep 20, 2010

But, I want to go this way {Monday Manna}

Not an Option

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
       neither are your ways my ways,"
       declares the LORD.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
       so are my ways higher than your ways
       and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

When I saw that Isaiah 55:8-9 was the passage for Joanne’s Monday Manna, one of the first things to come to my mind was His thoughts and ways are definitely NOT like mine. Which of course is a good thing but that doesn’t mean I always see it that way. That probably doesn’t sound very nice for a self-professed Christ follower, but, nevertheless it’s true anyway.

As I thought on this scripture, my mind went back to all the “thoughts” and “plans” I had for my  life over a decade ago. I can look on those thoughts and plans of mine with both gladness and sadness. Some things I thought for sure were what I wanted only to get them and find that it wasn’t all I’d chalked it up to be in my own mine. Others meant so little to me then but now as the days, months, and years fly by without any sign of them on the horizon, I find myself questioning Lord how long.

Just like He guided the Israelites along the long way to Canaan for a reason, I have to trust that the steps I’m taking along my life journey are preparing me for the promised place. Even when I can’t perceive the good in it, I must trust that He indeed has a plan and it’s good and not evil.

mondaymanna

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At September 20, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

YES! We think we know what we want - but so often we are wrong. SO glad there is Someone who really knows what is best! Thanks for participating, Wanda!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 7:28 PM , Blogger MTJ said...

Hi Wanda,

What a wonderful scripture to share for anyone seeking to experience success in life. I realize that success is not determined by what one gains or the recognition for achieving a set goal, true success is measured by my willingness to obey God.

While acquiring wealth, status, position, fulfilling the achievement of a goal or being recognized for an accomplishment is worthy and admirable, hearing the words, "Well done!" from the Creator of all life should be my number one priority.

Like you, I have often found how my thinking differs from the Lord. This discrepancy has always been to my regret.

I believe all things happen for a specific reason and therefore there is a purpose to all things that occur. I'm not talking about cause and effect, I'm speaking to the plans and purposes of God.

Though I may not understand them as they unfold, I am assured that He is working all things together for my good (benefit). I can depend on Him.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

 
At September 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

Amen sis! Trusting His path and plan for my life which is a far cry BETTER than any plan I had.

I remember in high school I was going to go into the Marines. Shortly after HS I had long term plans for becoming a prosecuting attorney.

Hence GOD's plan was for me to be a mommy/grandma, wife and minister with my husband. HIS PLANS ARE BETTER!!! Hallelujah!

Thanks for sharing dear one!

His plans are better!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Joanne, I was happy to do so. It's interesting to see what others glean from the same passage of scripture.

MTJ, hearing Well done is by far better than anything we can achieve or possess down here.

Lisa, they definitely are. I just wish he'd give me more details...lol

 
At September 20, 2010 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Bernadine said...

I find myself nodding in agreement as I read this because this is so where I'm at lately. I find myself constantly asking Him for details but He wants my walk to be a walk of faith. So as you said,

"Even when I can’t perceive the good in it, I must trust that He indeed has a plan and it’s good and not evil."

Thanks for sharing.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Wanda said...

Bernadine, the road in between what used to be and the promised place can be quite uncomfortable. But He didn't call us to comfort but FAITH.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

This was wonderful to read so inspirational, thanks for sharing.

Yvonne.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 12:39 PM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

One of the toughest battles of the Christian walk is not that of surrendering our thoughts and plans to God, it is in knowing that our thoughts and plans are not like His. Most of us would happily accept the will of God if we were certain it would just be a rubber stamp on our own desires.

All I can say is, "Lord, I want to be more like You."

 
At September 21, 2010 at 3:21 PM , Blogger duopastorale said...

An apt word for me today!! Blessings :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home