This page has moved to a new address.

He’s Still Working Miracles

The Watered Soul: He’s Still Working Miracles

Oct 1, 2010

He’s Still Working Miracles

980736_miracle Earlier today I read a post by Beth over at I’m Headed Towards My Destiny and she certainly gave the post a fitting title-You Must Read This. She shares how during a recent casual visit with one of her cousins the Miracle Worker showed up! Reading it stirred my faith this morning. I have read about such miracles in days of old but haven’t laid my natural eyes on one of that type, yet. But I heard the news that He’s moving over in NC. Could Arkansas be next? Or maybe He’s already show up at your residence. If He hasn’t, keep looking! He promised in His Word He would show up when we call Him.

If you’re like me, you have called Him about some things but He’s yet to appear in that particular area. I know some times my courage and my faith wanes so much so that I don’t feel like praying about that again. But, like my pastor said during Sunday’s message, do IT again. PRAY again. BELIEVE again. HOPE again. TRUST again. DECLARE His Word again.

Again, I ask could Arkansas be next? Well I already know He’s moving here, too. Just last Saturday, my sister interrupted our phone conversation to answer a call from our cousin. After not hearing back from her for a while, I assumed she had gotten busy but eventually she did call back with wonderful news. She described how this male cousin of ours was expressing his experience with the spirit of the Lord and how much he hungered for more of God. During the course of their conversation, she said he just wept and shared how he longed for other members of our family to have this same experience.

While she shared this with me, I was in sheer amazement . Why? I mean I am a believer in Jesus Christ. But I still listened in shocked wonderment because I was hearing with my own ears the report of the miracle worker showing up on a side of my family that I least expected.  The two sides of my family are like vanilla and chocolate or oil and water. One has a long history of walking with God and the other an even longer history of walking in the ways of the world.  Don’t misunderstand me; both sides of the family have its share of rebels and redeemed ones but the concentration mix is different between the two.

After reading Beth’s post and reflecting on the conversation with my sister, I can’t help but give Him praise. Who else but God can bring healing? Who else but the Sovereign One can make Himself known to those we often consider as hard cases? Is there anything too hard for Him?

Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God lasts. He's Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out. Isaiah 40:28 (The Message)

Labels:

10 Comments:

At October 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Grammy said...

Amen! is about all I can say. Thank you so very much for this word of testimony about how Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ still moves among us and becomes real to those that seek Him.
Love,
Ruby

 
At October 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I applaud your write Wanda, you certainly get the message across.
Wonderful to read.

Enjoy your week-end.
Yvonne.

 
At October 1, 2010 at 4:27 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I applaud your write Wanda, you certainly get the message across.
Wonderful to read.

Enjoy your week-end.
Yvonne.

 
At October 1, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Wanda, God is showing me constantly lately (!) that HE is moving on my behalf. I may not see the answer or the way, but He knows.
I'm so glad to hear that God is moving in the life of your family. He can be depended on -- He can be trusted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At October 2, 2010 at 12:16 AM , Blogger MTJ said...

Hi Wanda,

No matter what our eyes try to convince us of, we must trust the Lord to do above and beyond what we cannot see.

What you share is worthy of praise to our Lord.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

 
At October 2, 2010 at 1:32 AM , Anonymous Amanda said...

Well this certainly fired me up! How infectious is His Spirit, that fanes the flame in our hearts!!

Loved hearing about your cousin. You know Wanda, one thing I have noticed in God, is that it is those you least expect, who bow their knees to Him. Every time I think it will be 'this' one, it turns out to be 'that' one. Amazing...

Love and hugs sister...

 
At October 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Bernadine said...

I enjoy reading about how God is moving in the lives of others. I can so identify when you wrote about praying about "that" again but like you I'm encouraged to do it again.
Thanks for sharing.

 
At October 4, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Pat Thacker said...

Hello Wanda my first visit here and I did enjoy your post very much!!! Yes I'm also expecting a visit soon from my Saviour and it's going to be great because truly nothing is to hard for God,and all of his promises are true "Hallelujah"!!! Have a fantastic day Wanda I'll be back soon.
Love ya

 
At October 5, 2010 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Cherie Hill said...

I love how God "surprisingly" shows up. I love how He "suddenly" moves powerfully! But, it's all no surprise to Him . . . it's happened just as He planned all along. AND we should have been "expecting" Him. I pray, everyday, that when He looks at me, "I will be found in Him" . . . full of faith . . . consumed with hope . . . with my eyes fixed upon Him.
Blessings sister,
Cherie

 
At October 14, 2010 at 4:51 PM , Blogger lioneagle said...

Greetings -

Wanda, this is a blessing to hear about your cousin. It reminds that GOD's thoughts are not our thoughts nor are His ways our ways.
He is so beyond our abilities to comprehend.

I loved what Amanda wrote too, she said, "Well this certainly fired me up! How infectious is His Spirit, that fanes the flame in our hearts!!" Amen!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home