This page has moved to a new address.

Get Your Aim Right

The Watered Soul: Get Your Aim Right

Dec 12, 2011

Get Your Aim Right

Have you ever played darts before? I am not sure why, but that was never a game played at my house. The closest thing I’ve done to playing darts is trying to pop a balloon with a dart at a carnival game. And sad to say, I was not very good at it. Although I clearly saw what my intended target was, I never  was able to direct the dart properly. Several times I came close but close doesn’t count.

SONY DSC                    Just like those darts, I have had my faith shot in the wrong direction many times. On occasions my faith has been entrusted in my own abilities, knowledge, or wisdom. At other times my faith was carelessly put on other people or quite frankly my actions revealed that my real trust was in things.  Now of course that was not always instantly visible to me. But it was true. My faith was cast every where except where it needed to be. From time to time it does us all good to evaluate our faith.

Reflecting on Sunday’s message, I’m determined to properly focus my faith this week, which requires proper aim. To aim, I need the following:

  • A-awareness: I need to be aware of all the many places in which its possible to place my faith.
  • I-information: I need to get knowledge about the who or what I have chosen to place my faith. Is it a trustworthy source? Foremost we have to be aware of the truth that each of us have faith. Romans 12:3b, Instead be reasonable since God has measured out a portion of faith to each one of you. (Common English Bible)
  • M-move: If your faith has been misplaced move it to the proper place. Having faith requires coordinating action. James 2:17-18 says, In the same way, faith is dead when it doesn’t result in faithful activity. Someone might claim, “ You have faith and I have action. ” But how can I see your faith apart from your actions? Instead, I’ll show you my faith by putting it into practice in faithful action. (Common English Bible)

Is your faith aimed correctly? If not, there is no time like the present to readjust it.

For opportunity to win a copy of the Common English Bible complete the form below.

Photo Credit: Morguefile

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At December 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM , Blogger Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

I have a strong faith in God and nothing can waver it. Thank you for what you wrote today,,,I was healed of a heart problem, so now I get joy out of telling everyone.
xxx

 
At December 12, 2011 at 2:15 AM , Blogger Farming On Faith said...

What a great devotion~ I too will use your sermon this week.
Mine was on longsuffering ~ still pondering on it!

God is good~ enjoyed my visit!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 2:56 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A most devoted post Wanda, pleasure to read.

Yvonne.

 
At December 12, 2011 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Betty Alark said...

You have a very beautiful blog, Wanda!

I'm sure I'll return!!

Have a blessed day!!

May you be blessed with a heart to keep writing and sharing!!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a simple, fabulous way to remember some very key points about faith!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Wow, Wanda. So on target. Whether it's a slingshot, a dart or a sword, aimlessness is dangerous in battle...in life. It's time to readjust and focus.

 
At December 12, 2011 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I am in constant need of readjustment. Thanks be to God, He guides these steps. Great is His faithfulness.

Nice to "meet" you. I'm your newest follower. :)

 
At December 12, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

This is a great reminder, Wanda! I tend to aim incorrectly as well. Will definitely be using these steps!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I never played darts at home either?? Yes our faith darts go awry sometimes

 
At December 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

We must be careful where we AIM our faith - great encouragement, Wanda!
Many blessings!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger joan said...

Love this post.

Just what I needed today. I am convicted indeed.

 
At December 12, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Anonymous Denise said...

Nice post.

 
At December 12, 2011 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Michelle DeRusha said...

Wanda, I am so grateful you linked up at Graceful this week! It's truly wonderful to meet you here, and I am so glad to have read this post tonight. You speak right to my heart (and I love your concrete AIM method for keeping on track).

 
At December 12, 2011 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Wonderful post! I need to work on my aim~ Thank you for the reminder~

 
At December 13, 2011 at 12:33 AM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

We often had dart boards in our house when I was a teenager and on. And there were holes in the wall all around where the dart boards were placed. There was a lot of bad aiming going on.

Of late my aim has been wavering. I frequently get distracted by worldly concerns and my faith gets shaken.


Lee
Linda Hoye talks about adoption and writing memoirs on
Wrote By Rote

 
At December 13, 2011 at 12:36 AM , Blogger Alida Sharp said...

Love the acronym...easy to remember and yet, powerful!

 
At December 13, 2011 at 4:19 AM , Blogger Denise said...

Great analogy Wanda; we have a dart board in the house for the kids and I will remember your post whenever the darts come out! :) A nice reminder to keep our aim focused and on track.

Blessings and hugs,
Denise

 
At December 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Amydeanne said...

love the acronoym!

 
At December 13, 2011 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

What a great reminder. Thank you!

 
At December 14, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Ems Makuthi said...

"so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power: I Cor 2:5...
I liked this, very profound, thanks for sharing....a good reminder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home