This page has moved to a new address.

Voice Activated

The Watered Soul: Voice Activated

Dec 2, 2011

Voice Activated

Go any where there are people gathered and you are bound to hear chatter. Some discussing the latest gossip, others dialoguing about current events, and some sharing the details of their home life. Talk, chatter, babble, words are all around us. We can’t escape them. We need them to engage in our world. So much of what is uttered in the course of our day is spoken with a second thought. But today I’m reminded to use my voice to stimulate others.

Don’t be afraid, he said, for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong! As he spoke these words to me, I suddenly felt stronger and said to him, Please speak to me, my lord, for you have strengthened me.  Daniel 10:19 (NLT)

Although Daniel was being spoken to by an angelic being, each of us have the power to speak words of encouragement to others. You never now how much someone needs to hear a kind word. We don’t know all the details of one another lives but we can be assured that we all go through things that sap our strength or causes us to be afraid at times.

Having entered into the last month of the year, one is likely to feel not as invigorated as they were in the beginning of the year. But it doesn’t have to end that way. Despite all 2011 has brought into(or out of) your life, don’t lose sight of the fact that You, my friend, are precious to God.

I speak peace to you.

Be encouraged!

God has not abandoned you.

Be strong!

What are you activating in the lives of others when you speak? When you write? It’s my prayer that the words you find here activate faith, strength, courage, and love. I count it a blessing to be among the community of bloggers here. You may never know how much your words, even though I have never heard your lovely voices, have fortified my steps along this journey.

 

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At December 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Words can be so incredibly powerful. Thank you for the reminder, Wanda - and you often speak encouragement to me. I so appreciate it.

 
At December 2, 2011 at 9:07 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

OMG! Speechless. In tears, Wanda. You'll figure it out when you read my blog post for today.

 
At December 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Words are powerful...I like speak peace to you...be encouraged

 
At December 2, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

OH AMEN, Wanda!!

I had the chance this week to speak to a group of young moms. It was quite humbling and joyous to be given the opportunity to speak the Lord's words to others. I pray that He forms and shapes my thoughts and feelings as I seek to represent Him well.

I'm taking your very timely words of encouragement, and I'm putting them in my spiritual backpack as I head out to tell the world more about the GOOD NEWS of Jesus!

GOD BLESS!

 
At December 2, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Anonymous Denise said...

Great post.

 
At December 2, 2011 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Susie Swanson said...

Wonderful words of encouragement Wanda, I so enjoy your posts. Hope you have a blessed weekend..Susie

 
At December 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Wonderful words Wanda, enjoyed every word.

Yvonne.

 
At December 2, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful words of encouragement, Wanda! Your words are full of faith, strength, and love.

Many blessings,
Lisa

 
At December 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Alida Sharp said...

Amen! Our words are so important...great post.

 
At December 3, 2011 at 5:31 AM , Blogger Just Be Real said...

Amen Wanda. I like this post very much. Blessings.

 
At December 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Karen said...

This is a precious post, Wanda. May I take it to heart and apply it daily!!

 
At December 3, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Nikki (Sarah) said...

This is so encouraging....thanks Wanda...

 
At December 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM , Blogger susanwalkergirl said...

That was just the encouraging word that I needed to hear today. Thank you!

 
At December 4, 2011 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Peggy said...

Awesome Wanda! I'm refreshed in this powerful word on words and His Word! Perhaps I was meant to visit you on the day you passed my way but I say this one is one that touched me... I quickly scanned the others and I have one more that I want to view and read!

Thank you for this! May we all be encouraged and speak forth words like Daniel and this wonderful word from you! I thought perhaps you were doing a study on Daniel! May God love on you today and this week in a very special way!

Love and peace,
Peggy

 
At December 4, 2011 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Connie Arnold said...

Our words can make a big impact on others, whether spoken or written. Thank you for the encouraging words that you share through your blog. Peace to you!

 
At December 5, 2011 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Bernadine said...

Wanda, your words do strengthen and encourage. Thank you so much for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home