This page has moved to a new address.

Re

The Watered Soul: Re

Apr 21, 2010

Re

Re is a prefix meaning again or anew. One of the first re(s) to come to mind is reruns. I don’t know about you but I’m not very fond of watching television reruns, although certain channels in my satellite package are racked full of them. On the occasion that I forget to set the DVR, I can appreciate the encore presentation of my favorite shows. For some shows, it looks like certain episodes are repeated more than others. Kind of like how certain life events keep making reoccurrences in our lives. Sure the characters, dates, and times might be different but the underlying issue is repeated. Like the guy or gal’s name is different but the relationship ends up the same as all the others. The job is new but the results are same. Your location changes but the same problems follow you. Could it be that in the midst of the repetition God is giving us another opportunity to catch the lesson we missed before?


Retaking a life test is not always fun but I’m grateful for some do over’s in my life. Christ coming offers me REDEMPTION. When I’m empty He REPLENISHES me. Even when it looks like I’m on the losing in end, He promises to RESTORE. In my brokenness, He REPAIRS the breaches. He even offers a REWARD. As discouragement and feelings of giving up begin to overtake me, He will send along a word to REVIVE me.

Thank you Lord for the things you’re doing anew and again in my life. It’s only because of your loving kindness that I’m not without hope or utterly consumed. May He continuously redeem, replenish, restore, repair, revive and reward you in any and every place that you stand in need today. You've done it before, oh God, now do it again I pray. In Jesus Name~Amen

 
Now review some other interesting "R" related post from other A-Z Challengers.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At April 21, 2010 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

I, too am thankful for the do overs in my life.
Blessings,
andrea

 
At April 21, 2010 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank goodness for do-overs, sometimes they are necessary in life, oh I can't wait for the Rewards when I get to heaven!

 
At April 21, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Survivormama said...

Great post...so glad for God's renewal and rewards!

 
At April 21, 2010 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Pet said...

Great post.

 
At April 21, 2010 at 11:09 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

My, My, My...you had me humming like Aretha through this post. God is soooooooo faithful! Let's release the past and rekindle the fire for the future.

Blessings,

 
At April 21, 2010 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks Andrea, Jen, Shannon and Pet for stopping by always glad to have you.
@Bluebutterfly, lol...God sure is GOOD.

 
At April 21, 2010 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

How blessed we truly are! :)

 
At April 21, 2010 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Oh I loved this post. And I hope in the reruns of life with the name and location changes, I do learn the lessons placed in front of me! Thank you for the reminder.

 
At April 21, 2010 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Wanda - this was beautiful to read. My soul is rejuvenated! Glory to God for His unspeakable gift!!!

 
At April 22, 2010 at 3:33 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

He will along a word to revive me...or sisters/brothers:) thank you for helping Him yesterday, sis:)

 
At April 22, 2010 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Ella said...

R was a rewarding post to read; I almost did reinvent. Great post!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home