This page has moved to a new address.

Satisfaction Guaranteed

The Watered Soul: Satisfaction Guaranteed

Apr 22, 2010

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Rather late getting my post up today. My mind was not settled on what "s" topic I wanted to discuss last night and didn't have time to gather my thoughts before heading to work this morning.  Ok, so on with my post.

You ever notice that on the back of many products there's a promise of satisfaction? On the back of my Suave lotion in small fine print it reads: We guarantee your full satisfaction or we will replace or refund your purchase. Now I like the lotion and have had no problems with it. But, I have acquired some other things in life that I was certain would bring me satisfaction. I obtained positions, car and house-the supposed American dream. Yet some how it didn't seem enough. I found myself becoming disillusion and discontent after the newness wore off.

Marketing in today's society aims to capitalize on our insatiable desire for more, more, more. Right when you think you have the latest and greatest something more improved comes along. I would not consider myself to be materialistic so my dis-ease was not because I was seeking more things. Just that the place I was in did not fit. I simply was not satisfied and questioned within myself that surely there was more to life.

In Philippians 4:12-13, Paul states (my paraphrase) he has learned the secret to being content despite whatever situation he found himself. I remember a while back a book titled The Secret was all the rage. Oprah had the author on her show. Maybe it's human nature to seek out those secrets that tend to allude us at times. Here we find Paul saying he finally figured it out that it's through Christ that true contentment comes. He didn't give any false guarantees that the happenings in life would always be favorable. But in spite of it, one could still be content.  I found that passage to be challenging. How can I be satisfied when I don't like what is occurring around me? Honestly, I haven't mastered the art of contentment. But in reading something the other day, I gained greater insight on contentment. When I know and trust that where I am is not outside of God's radar, I can be confident that He is orchestrating all things and that there is indeed a plan for my life. Therefore, I can patiently wait on Him.

Of course possessions alone can never bring true satisfaction. It's only found in Christ and our relationship with Him is one place we shouldn't settle. There is always more of Him to know and experience. I have provided link to a beautiful worship song by William McDowell entitled Show Me Your Face.



Until "T" time tomorrow, I hope enjoy a wonderful evening.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At April 22, 2010 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Survivormama said...

Beautiful Wanda, thanks, it was worth the wait!

 
At April 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

Praising GOD with you,
andrea

 
At April 22, 2010 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

What you wrote about today is something I am continuing to learn. I don't have a job and no income at all (denied for unemployment because I quit), but God is showing me that HE is ALL I need. Now and forever. It's not an easy lesson to learn, but I am learning. My Jesus NEVER ceases to amaze me. I'm glad I'm His. :O)

This song is beautiful. "Show me Your Face, I want to see You" that is indeed my heart's cry!

Praise Him!!

 
At April 22, 2010 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Well put and so true!

 
At April 22, 2010 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Grammy said...

Paul's words on being satisfied in what ever condition he found hinself is one of my very favorites. Thank you for bringing it once again to our minds!
Ruby

 
At April 23, 2010 at 4:58 AM , Blogger duopastorale said...

When I know and trust that where I am is not outside of God's radar, I can be confident that He is orchestrating all things and that there is indeed a plan for my life. Therefore, I can patiently wait on Him. Those are great lines and bring me particular comfort with a situation I am going through. Love the song too!

 
At April 23, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Rae said...

Thanks for a great start to my blessed morning!

 
At April 23, 2010 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Wanda said...

Bless you Shannon & Andrea.
Lisa, many are the afflications of the righteous but God delivers them out of them ALL.
Ellie, thanks
Grammy, something I'm certainly trying to learn.
Mike,glad you found encouragement here. He certainly knows right where you are.
Rae, blessings to you

 
At April 23, 2010 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Gregg Metcalf said...

Apart from the bible the best book on satisfaction or contentment that you will ever read is a book called The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs.

It is published by The Banner of Truth Trust - it is a must read for every believer!

 
At April 23, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Amen! Amen! The one place we should never settle is in our zeal for more of God. Oh, how I love Jesus (I'm humming that little Sunday school song).

Have a blessed day!

 
At April 23, 2010 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Your posts never fail to stimulate thought. The idea of satisfaction - being satisfied where we are - but most of all with Jesus.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home