This page has moved to a new address.

Until When?

The Watered Soul: Until When?

Apr 24, 2010

Until When?

U is the letter of the day in the A-Z challenge. My word I chose for today is “until”. I remember when I was a kid in school I couldn’t wait until I was grown and able to make decisions on my own. After reaching adulthood, I realize those carefree years weren’t so bad after all. How many times have you put something off until a more favorable time? Or you failed to enjoy your present because you were focused on a time in the future?
As singles we’re often tempted to put off enjoying life “until” our mate comes alone. Waiting to buy homes, cars, investments, or take trips. Those of us who struggle with our weight will put off engaging in certain activities “until” reaching our ideal size. We can delay getting involved in opportunities to serve others. Waiting to share a smile, give kind word, or make a difference in someone’s life “until” we have gotten ourselves together. Waiting to step out “until” we’re absolutely certain it’s the best time. Choosing to use the good china “until” company comes. Refusing to take a moment for yourself “until” everyone else needs are met. Not trusting until we see evidence.

There are all sorts of reasons (or excuses) we give for not moving on or making the most of our lives. Like I can’t forgive “until” they apologize. The myriad of excuses is unbelievable. I’m not proposing that we take on foolish risk or get ahead of God. But that we take some time to observe what we’ve been putting on hold “until”. As I wrote in a previous post, I journal sometime and one day I was reading over some of the whispers from God. There was a statement that said you’re ready now. More ready than you’ve ever been. Within your own self, you will never feel ready. I once read a quote that said something like you have to do a thing first and then your feelings will follow. There’s some truth in that statement because I sure didn’t feel like getting on my treadmill this morning but I feel better now that I did. So again, I encourage you to examine the “untils” in your life and decide or discover the ones that you can begin making steps toward today.

Ecclesiastes 11:4 Those who wait for perfect weather will never plant seeds; those who look at every cloud will never harvest crops.

On another note, a few months ago, I knew very little about blogging. Even now that knowledge is limited. But until I started, I never knew how much it would help me to give voice to the ramblings in my head. Until I dared to leap into the A-Z Challenge, I never knew so many of you. And it’s unlikely that our paths would have crossed. But I’m thankful for the opportunity to have been in union with you. Until next time, I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend.



Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At April 24, 2010 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Will Burke said...

Timely message, this challenge hase definitely been a 'Dive-Right-In' experience, alright!

 
At April 24, 2010 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Raquel Byrnes said...

Its been a pleasure to go through this challenge with you as well.

 
At April 24, 2010 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Jessica Bell said...

I couldn't agree with you more. If we don't live the moment we miss out on life. Beautiful post. ::)

 
At April 24, 2010 at 5:22 PM , Anonymous Dragons Muse said...

What a great post. I'm all for doing things in God's time but there are days when He is nudging and I say wait until... I need to remind myself everyday that God is not going to wait until when He has decided the time is right. So I had better be ready to go when He is or I will miss out on something glorious.

 
At April 24, 2010 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Wanda, I am so happy you leaped; Your post struck a nerve with me.
I have done this and still done..it is time to journal more and help myself move forward! Thank you,this really speaks to my fears and being stuck~

 
At April 24, 2010 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I see myself in this post too. Great one. It's been a great pleasure getting to know you as well and I will continue to tag along after the challenge as your posts always seem to resonate with me.

Thanks Wanda!

 
At April 24, 2010 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Gregg Metcalf said...

Very good post! Excellent use of the letter U! Until, until when?

What a reminder that we can not put off what we need to do and be for the glory of God!

Excellent insight Wanda!

 
At April 24, 2010 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Grammy said...

Good post! We too often procrastinate until it is too late. Seize the day! Carpe Diem! And yet, sometimes we do need to be still and wait. It just depends on what it is.
Ruby

 
At April 24, 2010 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks to each of you for stopping by. Grammy, your right we have to be able to discern when it's time to launch out or wait.
Ellie-I pray your mobility would be increased.
Dragon Muse-I don't want to miss to many more God given opportunities.

 
At April 24, 2010 at 10:44 PM , Blogger unnamed lad said...

great post, Wanda:) been sittin` here for awhile thinking about it. had it not been for the urging from the A-team,i would have waited.......until

 
At April 25, 2010 at 12:02 AM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

Wonderful post that is very appropriate to what we've been doing.

As is sometimes said: "There's no time like the present."

The waiting can even be good if you take advantage of the opportunities it presents. No sense wishing one's life away -- enjoy it now!

Glad you got so much out of A to Z (I did too!). Hope you will post some more of your thoughts on May 3rd.

Lee
May 3rd A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post
Lee

 
At April 25, 2010 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Jan said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I found your and have read all the A to Z posts. Great insight! Enjoyed reading them.

 
At April 25, 2010 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Wanda: What you said touched a nerve - I have a single daughter who will sometimes put off ____ until she gets married (or if). I am encouraging her not to put off - live her life like she wants to live it. As to A-Z I will continue following your blogs - they are too good to miss!

 
At April 25, 2010 at 8:55 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Wanda, Ecclesiastes is one of my favorite Books. It has such wisdom on living with balance and living a "meaningful" life in the now.

Shalom Shalom!

 
At April 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM , Blogger wolfie 402 said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate it. I've been looking through your blog and I really like it. Isn't it funny? If the A-Z challenge hadn't existed I wouldn't have known how many great blogs there are out there. Nice "meeting" you.

Things happen for a reason.

 
At April 26, 2010 at 7:46 AM , Blogger duopastorale said...

Love these thoughts. Yes, the time is now, unless we hear God say No or Wait. We already have so much we can act on. Thank you.

 
At April 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Rae said...

I used your Bible quote for my Facebook status this morning. I always like to post a positive thought for friends to start their day.
Thanks for sharing and for brightening my day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home