This page has moved to a new address.

Where Art Thou?

The Watered Soul: Where Art Thou?

Jun 21, 2011

Where Art Thou?

Where ever you are God sees it but do you?

He is not intimated by your location-whether it be a  physical, mental, or spiritual place.

All He wants from you is you to realize where you are. He extends the same questions to each individual as he did to Adam in the garden.

Where art thou?

What is your real location? Not the one you that you would have everyone else to believe you are but rather the place where you retreat to  in the solace of your mind.

Where are thou?

God doesn’t ask us to get ourselves from the place but only acknowledge that we are there.

Here is where I am.

I am distracted.

I am frustrated at times.

I am afraid at times.

I am confused.

I am scattered.

I am lonely.

I am tired.

I am disappointed.

I am questioning.

I am thinking of quitting.

I am considering giving up.

I am seeking for direction.

Yep I AM all of that. Nope I didn’t throw any of those good things but rather exposing the inner struggles of where I am currently. Why do I dare pull the cover back—only because God requests that I do.

During my time of prayer, praise and worship to Him, He reminded me that where ever I am, I can admit that to Him even when I can’t articulate it to others.

And when I admit where I am is when I AM reveals Himself to me in other faucets.

When I am confused, the I AM is my SHEPHERD.

When I am tired, the I AM is my STRENGTH.

When I am disappointed, the I AM is my HOPE.

When I am distracted, I AM restores my SIGHT.

When I am lonely, I AM is my COMFORT.

When I am lost, I AM is my WAY.

When I am thinking of quitting, I AM UPHOLDS me.

Lord I thank you that you are the great I AM. Your greatness super exceeds any of my past, present, or future I am (s) . Thank you for renewed strength and power today. Father I lift up my sisters and brothers and pray that wherever they are that your glory would be revealed to them in that very place. In Jesus name, Amen.

 

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At June 21, 2011 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this Wanda - "God doesn’t ask us to get ourselves from the place but only acknowledge that we are there." No matter where I am, the great I AM is there too. Amen!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

He is always there...just waiting for us to seek Him. He's right there. I loved this post! Thank you and blessings!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Hi Cynthia and Lisa, it was one of those post that flowed freely as I was sipping on the residue of His presence. But afterwards I wanted to pull it from the blog.

 
At June 22, 2011 at 3:21 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Most inspiring Wanda, I have been most of those things at some point of my life......but have come through.
Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne.

 
At June 22, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Oh do I love this. Wonderful reminder, Wanda. You absolutely blessed me.

 
At June 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM , Blogger duopastorale said...

So encouraging. Thank you :)

 
At June 22, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Blogger kemarias said...

Bless you with your honesty. He is awe-inspiring with his gracious love for us. Praise God.

 
At June 22, 2011 at 5:09 PM , Anonymous Angel said...

Wanda,

Thank you for sharing this powerful word. The great I AM knows who I am and is willing to meet me whereever I am because of His incredible love. Awesome!

 
At June 22, 2011 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Carole in the UK said...

Amen, I too have been overwhelmed with those times Wanda, but I thank God that wherever I AM, I can draw from Him whatever I need.

What a mighty God we serve!

Stay sweet in the Lord,

Carole

 
At June 22, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great comparison of the am's! I'm glad he is enough for every place I find myself in. Thanks for the reminder!

 
At June 23, 2011 at 4:59 AM , Blogger Just Be Real said...

Came by for encouragement. Blessings to you Wanda.

 
At June 23, 2011 at 8:15 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

He is with us...always. No one else on earth can say that, not even the people who love us the most. Be blessed beyond.

 
At June 23, 2011 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I recognize those excuses and glad that you showed the way the Lord can take care of them...

 
At June 23, 2011 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Wanda, this has to be one of my all-time favorite posts of yours. It was so good. I loved how you contrasted all the "I am" phrases that describe how we often feel, with the great and eternal I AM. That was powerful.

Thanks so much for sharing this - I have been encouraged tonight.

GOD BLESS!

 
At June 25, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Crystal Monae said...

God just wants us to be authentic so that we do not hide behind layers. We can't hide anything from God anyway. When he calls out to Adam, it is for Adam to tell the truth. We need to be honest with God...tell Him what you are going through.

Blessings!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is absolutely beautiful! You have refreshed me and turned my attention back to Jesus! Thank you!

 
At June 28, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger lioneagle said...

Hi Wanda -

I am feeling you on this, lady.

You wrote this with such openness.
I so appreciated that you expressed these rich truths.

And I love what you did with I AM in this piece. No matter where we are and what circumstances occur, GOD is present and a very present help.

Jeremiah 32:17 - KJV
Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy geat power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

 
At June 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Ella said...

Wow Wanda, it just flowed...really beautiful~xXx

 
At June 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Dawn M. Hamsher said...

I am struggling in my writing.
I am waiting for it to fall into place.
I am selfish.

I am thankful for a God who loves me no matter what. One that lifts me up and I don't deserve it. One who cheers me on even when I am not focused on him.

Wanda, Thank you for your ministry. Your words help me get my focus back on God.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home