This page has moved to a new address.

Pondering the Path

The Watered Soul: Pondering the Path

May 30, 2011

Pondering the Path

What trodden track are you trekking upon at this time in your life? What course of action or conduct is governing those  steps of yours?

Like I have expressed many times here, I am what I cduns castleall “directionally challenged”.  As you can imagine, this handicap has left me headed in the wrong direction, lost, confused, frustrated and frantically trying to navigate myself back onto the right road many times.  On one such occasion, my  nephew asked why do we ALWAYS get lost whenever we go some where. Any sane adult knows that when you are in the middle of a lost episode is not the time one welcomes the opportunity to ponder the question of why am I always getting lost. Oh no, instead I want to know how to find my way out of it.

But if one only asks the how to get out of here question instead of the why am I here question, they find themselves repeatedly in similar situations. Am I here because I have been trying to be in the driver’s seat of my own life? Proverbs 14:12(NLT)  says there is a path before each person that seems  right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

Yet when I allow God to be my GPS He directs my life’s turns. And even though the roads He takes me down often look different from those I would like to take, I can be assured that He is leading me along a path that leads to life. But not just a life of existence but one of liveliness filled full of Him and all that He is.

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Linking up with Joanne at An Open Book for Monday Manna.

 

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At May 30, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

Wanda,

This is RICH!

Loved when you said, "But if one only asks the how to get out of here question instead of the why am I here question, they find themselves repeatedly in similar situations."

Thank you for sharing, reminding and encouraging!

Much love to you!

 
At May 30, 2011 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

Thanks for this, Wanda - a great reminder of WHO we need to seek direction from. Thanks for linking up.

 
At May 30, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I agree, this is rich thoughts here. We need the direction!

 
At May 30, 2011 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Shanda said...

Great analogy of letting God be our GPS. It is so true. Often taking my own path is what gets me over committed and going in a wrong direction.

 
At May 30, 2011 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Missie said...

Amen! Great post!

 
At May 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Good stuff, Wanda!

I'm asking the Lord for clear direction in my life. But, most of all, I'm just asking Him to teach me more about Himself. I just want to see Him, no matter where I am or where I'm going.

He is the Lamp to my feet and the Light on my path...

GOD BLESS!

 
At May 30, 2011 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love that reference to the GPS and its connection to the Scripture. SO fitting! I often find myself right where you've described.

One time, I was lost in territory I knew nothing about. There was only road, forest, and more forest to mark my way. If it weren't for someone with great navigational skills, I'd have been driving frightened and frustrated for much longer than necessary. Thank you for the reminder to rely on God for directions. :)

 
At May 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

My GPS for life! I just need to make sure I check that GPS before I my daily journey! Loved the post!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 12:04 AM , Blogger lioneagle said...

Hi Wanda -

Thank you for this rich message.

Especially I love this that you expressed, "... filled full of Him and all that He is."

 
At May 31, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Carole in the UK said...

God as our GPS - Love it Wanda.
Thanks for the reminder.

It was nice to see that you popped into The Faith Lounge for refreshment - thanks for the comment.

God Bless.

Carole in the UK

 
At May 31, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Ella said...

I love the GPS guidance and this post~
I have missed a lot; I will be back to catch up! xXx

 
At June 1, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Anna said...

Wanda,

What a great metaphor for the way God seeks to direct our paths. I do wonder though whether we have a tendency to decide that the left we want to talk is what God wants for us. How do you think we should go about ensuring that we're not deciding that our way is God's way, rather than seeking his will and his guidance from his word and applying the principles we learn there with the guidance of his spirit?

Blessings.

PS: Your blog layout and design are lovely! Very easy on the eye.

 
At June 1, 2011 at 3:13 PM , Blogger David C Brown said...

"And when ye turn to the right hand or when ye turn to the left, thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it", Isaiah 30: 21.

 
At June 1, 2011 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

We do always need Gods GPS directions!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home