This page has moved to a new address.

Treasured Thoughts

The Watered Soul: Treasured Thoughts

Dec 19, 2011

Treasured Thoughts

Today I’m joining Joanne for Monday Manna, which is designed to get together and get to know God’s Word. Todays verse is Luke 2:19.

Mary committed these things to memory and considered them carefully. (CEB)

I can’t imagine being selected for such a gigantic task as Mary. Even after receiving divine notification about her miraculous pregnancy and the child she would birth, to receive confirmation from others had to be encouraging.

At times I have found myself saying that I’m like Mary pondering things in my heart. I have had God-whispered that were far to grand for my feeble mind to comprehend fully but I chose to store them away for  later. And sometimes years later, I have heard a word  spoken across a pulpit, directly to me, or read something that triggered my memory of the promises spoken sometime ago.

I think it does us all well to commit those things we’ve heard into our minds and to really reflect on them. In today’s information overload, it can be rather easy to read or hear something and just move on to the next thing. But what happens when we just move onto the next bit of information without cementing it into our hearts? We lose ground during the normal see nothing days.  Having God’s Word stored up gives us strength to continue on when faced with the challenges of life. What things are you treasuring in your heart and mind?

CEB is the Common English Bible, which is a new translation of the Bible designed for easy reading and built on common ground. For an opportunity to win soft cover copy of the CEB Bible, complete the form below. Winner will be announced Thursday, December 22.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At December 19, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

A timely word, Wanda. I was speaking to a friend of my, who loves journaling, reading and words as much as I do, and we talked about the importance of stopping everything to just take in God's word and let it be written on our hearts. It's one thing to hear something or even write it down, but it is quite another to have it embedded in our hearts forever.

 
At December 19, 2011 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

"But what happens when we just move onto the next bit of information without cementing it into our hearts?"

Exactly! And I'm guilty of NOT doing it. Wonderful thoughts, especially for now.

 
At December 19, 2011 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Kandi said...

This post really spoke to me today God has been speaking something into my heart that is just too big for me to wrap my mind around and I don't know what to do with, so I have just been storing it away for later. I think perhaps it is time for me to do something.

Blessings to you.

 
At December 19, 2011 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Denise said...

Such a nice word.

 
At December 20, 2011 at 2:42 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A wonderful post to read Wanda.

Have a good day.

Yvonne.

 
At December 20, 2011 at 6:02 AM , Blogger Wanda said...

Oh so true Bluebutterfly. It's the meditating that helps embed things into our mind.

Joanne, I thin we all have been guilty of that. I find that it's the wrong things that I have chosen to cement in my mind.

Kandi, bless you. Stay attentive to His voice and He'll lead you to the steps you need to take.

Thank you Denise and Yvonne.

 
At December 20, 2011 at 6:05 PM , Blogger lori said...

I LOVE pondering this verse and I imagine that it was because of the Word that Mary knew that led her to the ultimate peace...she had it cemented on her heart before that angel arrived...oh the lessons we glean from Mary! This is one I'd never really thought long and hard on...love this!!
Merry Christmas Wanda!!
lori

 
At December 21, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Lady Of Virtue said...

Hi Wanda- wanted to bless you today with the Versatile Blogging Award! Please visit Ladies Of Virtue to receive it. Merry Christmas.

 
At December 21, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Powerful post, Wanda.

I've been treasuring many things in my heart and mind this season. For one thing, I have been really delving into the humanity of Jesus - what it really looked like, and felt like, to Him. It makes me appreciate him ever more.

And I am also experiencing an overwhelming sense of God's love for me. What a difference that is making in my life.

Like Mary, there are many things I am pondering in my heart...

Merry CHRISTmas, Wanda - and may GOD BLESS!

 
At December 22, 2011 at 4:40 AM , Blogger Denise said...

Hi Wanda,

It’s so important that we commit to total obedience, immerse ourselves in it and apply it to our lives, because the only way to find peace and rest for our souls is to walk on God’s path and do it His way. :)

Blessings for a joyful Christmas and a New Year of health and happiness!
Denise

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home