This page has moved to a new address.

11 Favorite Posts in 2011

The Watered Soul: 11 Favorite Posts in 2011

Dec 27, 2011

11 Favorite Posts in 2011

The year is quickly coming to a close. As with most years, I find myself looking back in preparation for launching forward. This year I have decided to revisit the pages of my archives to reread my own writings. It’s interesting to see my life written on pages. Evidence of my struggles throughout the year are splattered across the pages of my blog. Below are a few of my favorite pieces from the year. They are listed in no particular order.

1.  Headed Out But – Genesis 11:31-32 served as the backdrop for this piece. The verbs: headed, stopped, settled, lived, & died in this passage of scripture had me reexamining places that I started out in faith but some how settled else where.

2. Still I Sing – a poem inspired by the song of the birds.

3.  I Am – lets us know that whatever I am I can bring to God.

4.  Choosing to See Chariots – through a daily devotional in Streams in the Desert a light bulb moment occurred that showed me I can choose to see test and trials as chariots transporting me from places of immaturity to maturity, weakness to strength, indifference to compassion, lameness to mobility rather than boulders crushing me.

5. But What About the Brook – cautioned me not to move ahead of God’s timing. Had Elijah not waiting until the brook dried up, he quite possible would have missed God’s instruction of going to the widow woman. Here I had to admit I’m often trying to figure out the next steps along the path rather than just trusting that the Master will direct my footsteps.

6. Mission Complete – challenged me not to stop to early.  I Samuel 15 left me wondering how many times have I, have you, have we called a mission complete prematurely.

7. Everybody Needs a Stripper in Their Life – “Our strippers may not be people but perhaps they are situations like failed marriages, physical/sexual abuse, rejection or disappointments. Regardless of the form the stripper comes in, it’s purpose is the same to render you void of hope, dreams, faith, and identity.”

8. Embracing Farewell – discussed the value in saying goodbye. “It is the farewells of life that makes room for new hellos.”

9. Beyond – a quick post about looking beyond my limits

10. The Road Back to Judah – Naomi served as the catalyst to help me see how God often orchestrates episodes of loss to get us back to places of praise, hope and love.

11.  Did The Den Do You In – encouraged me to identify my own lions in life.

Do you ever go back and re-read your own writing?  Share a link to one of your own favorite posts from your blog.

9 Comments:

At December 27, 2011 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Pam Williams said...

Wanda, I think my favorite, out of the 11 favorites you picked, is number 8 "Embracing Farewell". As a United Methodist pastor's wife, I have moved a lot. Farewells ARE difficult, BUT the hellos are always such a blessing and, like you said, opportunities for growth.
Blessings to you!
Pam
2 Encourage

 
At December 27, 2011 at 10:42 PM , Blogger susanwalkergirl said...

Dear Wanda,

Since I recently discovered your blog, I look forward to reading what you've learned from the Lord this year. What I love about your blog is that the Lord is exalted.

Blessings in Christ...Susan

 
At December 28, 2011 at 12:34 AM , Anonymous Denise said...

I enjoy your blog.

 
At December 28, 2011 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Prime Aque said...

I am a new follower and reader of this nice blog of yours my friend, I am sure I will be back again if I got the time and I will not miss any of those 11 list of post :)

 
At December 28, 2011 at 9:38 AM , Blogger BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

Wanda, I have certainly enjoyed your blog. There is always some question that I need to address after readiing it. Yes, I do go back and read my blog also. I let go of many things and people this year and lost a few who I loved dearly, so two of my blogs dealing love and goodbye are still very much in my mind.

What If God Simply Tolerated You? (http://swordofgoliath.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-if-god-simply-tolerated-you.html)

and

"Goodbye Girl" (http://swordofgoliath.blogspot.com/search?q=goodbye+girl)

 
At December 28, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I like the title of a stripper:) but you always have meaningful posts. How can you pick 11?

 
At December 29, 2011 at 12:29 AM , Blogger BARBIE said...

I love #2, Still I sing! Really touched me. Thanks for sharing.

 
At December 29, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Wanda said...

Pam I have had to struggle with saying goodbye a lot this year. But I'm grateful for the opportunity He entrusted me with.
Susan thank you! Your visits and comments are refreshing.
Denise thanks always a pleasure to have you visit.
Bluebutterfly it's amazing that on quite a few occasions this year, we have written on similar topics. I remember your post about if God only tolerated us. The other one I'll have to re-read. You always have such good food for thought.
ThanksKim! I chose those because they really stood out to me due to where I was at the time in my life.
Barbie, I'm no poet but amazingly God gave me those words as I fellowshiped with Him during my morning walk.

 
At December 29, 2011 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Bernadine said...

Hello Wanda,

It's great that you post a list that I could revisit some of your posts I missed.

I love, The Road Back to Judah. It reminded me of a time in my life when God had to lead me back to that place of praise.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home